• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is with Vista?

A

Aislinn

What is with Vista?

:wacko:

I have read a lot of forums on how Vista does not work with Fable: TLC. I'm hoping there is someone out there who can help me get a little further in trying to figure out what exactly is wrong. Like most I am able to get to where Maze is talking and then it loads to a screen that is blank, but you can hear the boy puking. Let me start off by saying I have just bought a brand new computer and all the drivers are up to date. I have a nvidia geforce 7300 le. For some reason I can play it for little bit and then it stops...the picture anyway. Any help to get even a smidgeon farther would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

A

Arckon

Re: What is with Vista?

Question 1 is the disc dirty or damage
2,Have you modded the game
3, What is Vista

A

Aislinn

To answer your questions:

1) It is a brand new game so it better not be damaged in anyway

2) If it's brand new I doubt it

3) It is the computer's windows operating system...like windows XP (but yet it's not)

A

Arckon

Sounds to me like your computer doesn't have enought memory for the game play but yet for voice sequences, not sure though,
confused0024.gif
, does your computer have a gaming card specificly for game graphics and game audio, and game storage?

A

Aislinn

Ok, like I said before it's a new computer...it was made to run games. Look at my first post and you will see what graphics card I have, I also have 2 GB of memory so it had better fit on my computer since it only requires 256 MB. My audio card is and integrated 7.1 channel audio....as for the storage I am not quite sure what you mean.

A

Arckon

for storage I mean saves, this could only mean That the program is not compatable with your computer, I am not the expert so anybody else feel free to
sign0182.gif
and to you Aislinn
sign0199.gif
, This is seriusly beyond me try PMing Sephiroxas last I checked she was good with this stuff.

A

Aislinn

Anybody else out there want to try and solve this problem?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Do you have any error messages or anything when it stops running, what exactly happens?

Have you played around by disabling Vsync in Fable TLC display menu then trying it again?

A

Aislinn

I have done all that...What exactly happens is I'll get to the part where the boy finds his dad dead and Maze starts talking then it's loading icon comes up and the next thing I get is a blank screen, but I can still here all the sounds.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Aislinn;89434 said:
I have done all that...What exactly happens is I'll get to the part where the boy finds his dad dead and Maze starts talking then it's loading icon comes up and the next thing I get is a blank screen, but I can still here all the sounds.

Tried changing the video or screen setting resolution?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Aislinn;89441 said:
Yeah I've tried that too.

Ran the dxdiag to see if your direct draw and direct 3d are running with no conflicts?

A

Aislinn

I followed all the instructions you gave to Killme on this subject, and everything is working fine...according to the computer. Aghh! It's just so frustrating when you really want to play the game, but the future of playing it seems very bleak.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Aislinn;89448 said:
I followed all the instructions you gave to Killme on this subject, and everything is working fine...according to the computer. Aghh! It's just so frustrating when you really want to play the game, but the future of playing it seems very bleak.

Not got an Xbox or Xbox 360 then?

A

Aislinn

Nope this is the PC version (Fable:TLC)

D

Darg

Dark Drakan;89449 said:
Not got an Xbox or Xbox 360 then?

The last time I checked, TLC didn't work on the 360. I'm not sure if it's the same with everyone else's, but I'd personally rather play Fable with the awesomeness of the wireless 360 controllers.

A

Aislinn

Thank you for that piece of info, but that still doesn't help with the problem at hand. :'(

Is it really as bleak as it seems. Buying a game that you really want to play and then having to wait until a patch is formed. Why are the computer gods so mean? :realmad: