What song are you listening to right now?

Precipice

You know that feeling when you realize that a band you like has been around a lot longer than when you first heard of them?
Turns out, Float On wasn't their first song on the radio.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Just found out that Breaking Benjamin have released a new album at long last, whole new lineup besides Ben himself but album is great..

Gikoku

is doing Queen.
Staff member
Giki! I never knew you were a 'Tallica fan!!
Of course I am, one of my top favorite thrash bands along with Testament, Slayer, Annihilator, Accuser, Overkill and more. Favorite metal genre too, happy it made a comeback this past decade, was sad after it died out in the 90s. Got any bands to share?

Speaking of Accuser...

Terribly underrated gem of a song, album is a nice go also.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Of course I am, one of my top favorite thrash bands along with Testament, Slayer, Annihilator, Accuser, Overkill and more. Favorite metal genre too, happy it made a comeback this past decade, was sad after it died out in the 90s. Got any bands to share?
Oh wow, this is actually getting me pretty pumped. I never knew there was another thrash fan on this forum! I doubt I'll be able to name any bands you've not heard of, but I can name some recent ones. Have you heard of Warbringer, Havok, or Evile? They're all 21st century thrash bands, every bit as hardcore as the classics. As for classics ones, as well as the Big 4 I'm very into (aside from the ones you mentioned, of course) bands like Exodus, Kreator, Death Angel... the list goes on.

EDIT: Seems nonsensical not to post a song...

Gikoku

is doing Queen.
Staff member
Oh wow, this is actually getting me pretty pumped. I never knew there was another thrash fan on this forum! I doubt I'll be able to name any bands you've not heard of, but I can name some recent ones. Have you heard of Warbringer, Havok, or Evile? They're all 21st century thrash bands, every bit as hardcore as the classics. As for classics ones, as well as the Big 4 I'm very into (aside from the ones you mentioned, of course) bands like Exodus, Kreator, Death Angel... the list goes on.

EDIT: Seems nonsensical not to post a song...

Definitely glad to see some more thrash love around here. Exodus is solid gold and their latest album is quality thrash. Other than the classic bands you listed I have actually not heard of those other 3 bands before. There's also Tsuyu of course, I don't think there's a bigger Metallica fan on here than him (where the hell is he anyway). I just gave a listen to Evile - "Enter the Grave", that was pretty heavy they sound like Anthrax (Belladonna days) but harder hitting. I'll definitely check out those other two, thanks.

You might like Holy Moses, their old stuff is great, though they gradually morphed into Death Thrash over time.
This video is some serious 80s cheese. :P

HobbeBrain

You might like Holy Moses, their old stuff is great, though they gradually morphed into Death Thrash over time.
Loved this song, I'll check out more of their stuff. Out of the three I mentioned, Warbringer is my favourite, I literally love them - here's one of my favourites by them (they can get pretty death-thrashy as well, but not too much, I'm not such a fan of death metal)

You may well have seen this before, too, but I've watched a re-watched this documentary more times than I care to remember. 100% recommend.

Gikoku

is doing Queen.
Staff member
Loved this song, I'll check out more of their stuff. Out of the three I mentioned, Warbringer is my favourite, I literally love them - here's one of my favourites by them (they can get pretty death-thrashy as well, but not too much, I'm not such a fan of death metal)

You may well have seen this before, too, but I've watched a re-watched this documentary more times than I care to remember. 100% recommend.

Oh man that song is awesome, thanks for that. I'm definitely going to check out more of their material. I can listen to some death metal, but some of it can be too much (incoherent vocals, muddied instrumentals, etc). Arch Enemy, Death, Lamb of God, and Children of Bodom is around what I end up going for when it comes to that.

I actually haven't seen that documentary yet, but I most certainly will. Other bands I recommend are: Sodom, Voivod, Flotsam & Jetsam, Venom, and Intruder. Intruder is pretty special, they're basically what you get if Megadeth & Annihilator morphed into a super being.

Damn I love Iommi, that post-chorus riff.

HobbeBrain

Other bands I recommend are: Sodom, Voivod, Flotsam & Jetsam, Venom, and Intruder. Intruder is pretty special, they're basically what you get if Megadeth & Annihilator morphed into a super being.
I do listen to a little Sodom at the moment actually, though maybe I'll listen to more as I've only listened to their albums Agent Orange and Mortal Way of Life. I just fired up Intruder's album Live To Die on YouTube and I'm enjoying that a lot! I see what you mean about them being a combination of Megadeth and Annihilator, in fact I think the vocals literally sound like a mash up of the two singers.