What song are you listening to right now?

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Where the heck were you able to see them for so darn cheap??
There's a sort of festival in Hyde Park in London every summer (imaginatively named 'British Summer Time Hyde Park') and tickets are supposed to be £60. But a friend of mine found a leaked link for staff working at the event (selling hotdogs, clearing out portaloos, etc) that offered tickets for only £2.50, and naturally bought about 10 of them. I paid him back by buying him a pint at the festival, which made it all the better considering I wasn't even 18 at the time - so I could get booze and uber-free tickets to some of the world's biggest bands! That was a good day.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Sabbath have just been announced as one of the headliners of next years Download too, along with Maiden and Rammstein. Such a shame I doubt I will be able to make the festival next year as I will have a 5-6 month old.
That really is a shame. All the older bands really know how to put on a ****ing show, I saw Metallica at Reading earlier this year (as I think I've mentioned earlier in this thread) and they, like Black Sabbath and Motorhead, simply blew me away. I imagine Iron Maiden would be much the same. Obviously it's because they've just been around for so long and have so much touring experience, but even so I can only picture a few bands of today getting "big" in the same way that the old school metal bands did.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
That really is a shame. All the older bands really know how to put on a ****ing show, I saw Metallica at Reading earlier this year (as I think I've mentioned earlier in this thread) and they, like Black Sabbath and Motorhead, simply blew me away. I imagine Iron Maiden would be much the same. Obviously it's because they've just been around for so long and have so much touring experience, but even so I can only picture a few bands of today getting "big" in the same way that the old school metal bands did.
Agreed, I have seen Metallica, Maiden, Ozzy & Rammstein before but not seen Ozzy perform with whole of Sabbath as of yet.