• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was lacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crazyarms

Re: What was lacking?

Yeah i Hero Save just screws up the whole game. Once i did a Hero Save, and when i loaded it again i was stuck outside the Hobbe Cave. It wouldnt let me go anywhere. I had to start a whole new game. (i was stupid and overwritted my other saves)

U

Ulicus

Seigfried said:
Yes, I'm sure you are. I'm also sure your the only one who is foolishly risking thier own game by doing so.
Holy Crap! I never thought of that! Oh wait, I did.

"Backup Save" anyone? There are five slots. The Hero Save has a chance of corrupting the *save*, not the entire profile. So unless you've used up all the slots, you're a-ok.

I apologise for the intial sarcasm, but I could do without the condescending tone next time. Cheers. ;)

The hero save trick raises the chances of your saved game becoming buggy and in time inoperable. Not to mention the trick is rather cheap.
Yeah, cheap if you're using it to get more experience/items/money - I do it strictly to get my age as low as possible, and since age affects nothing other than asthetics, how is that cheap? Especially since being in your twenties makes the story make more sense...

I think it's interesting that the Hero Save bug only really started with TLC though, it was never a problem in the Original. Or was it? I never noticed it.

EDIT: As a rule, I find that the save only gets corrupted if you pick up an item you shouldn't have - I devoted one profile to discovering what would corrupt and what wouldn't. That said, sometimes the Hero Save will crash for no reason at all - I Hero saved as soon as I got into Knothole glade to beat the White Balverine, reloaded - only for the game to lock up and go crazy.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ulicus said:
I think it's interesting that the Hero Save bug only really started with TLC though, it was never a problem in the Original. Or was it? I never noticed it.

Ive heard of people having problems with the original aswel by using this exploit.

U

Ulicus

Dark Drakan said:
Ive heard of people having problems with the original aswel by using this exploit.

Really? Ah nuts, I guess I was just really lucky then.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ulicus said:
Really? Ah nuts, I guess I was just really lucky then.

Yeah i guess so, one of my freinds tried it to see if it would affect the game as a test but he must have been lucky aswel :p

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Ulicus said:
Yeah, cheap if you're using it to get more experience/items/money - I do it strictly to get my age as low as possible, and since age affects nothing other than asthetics, how is that cheap? Especially since being in your twenties makes the story make more sense...

True, I suppose it is not cheap if your using it for your age. And your right about the age deal as it would make more sense.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I used the hero save exploit for gaining loads of keys from Rose cottage and in my original game it was fine but now anytime I play it is completely jumpy and stuttery. I tried it again with a different profile and it completely and utterly corrupted the game save. It wouldnt even load. I guess back up saves would work fine though....

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.