• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was lacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What was lacking?

What do you think that was lacking in Fable or that they could have improved on? I personally think the main story was slightly to short and should have been abit longer, the houses need more use instead of just being used to get gold, and the evil/good choices should be more frequent and some more subtle than others (anyone who has played KOTR II will understand how).

They also took out one of the best attractions from the first one, radiant AI Heroes that also competed against you to do quests etc. That should be included in future releases or expansions (PC Version)

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: What was lacking?

Personally I think The Lost Chapters rectified some of the faults in the original Fable (although I still love the original). As you mentioned, the main story may have been a little short but I found that was only the case when I stuck to the main story quests and didn't bother with the side quests.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
Personally I think The Lost Chapters rectified some of the faults in the original Fable (although I still love the original). As you mentioned, the main story may have been a little short but I found that was only the case when I stuck to the main story quests and didn't bother with the side quests.

I agree, the side-quests add quite alot of time to the game, i thought some of the faults i said may have been rectified in Lost Chapters but as i dont own it i didnt know for sure which ones :blush:

A

Asura

I personally loved the first game better than TLC. It was something new and unexpected. It could have used some basics here and there (More armor, weapons, plot line). Other than that, I was completely satisfied.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Same here. Although, to be honest there isn't alot I'd change with the original Fable, I thought it was superb and still do. The extra content provided with Fable: The Lost Chapters was just the icing on the cake for me. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Nice to see people actually more than happy with the original :)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I really liked the original as well, but I have to say that I liked TLC more. Though, there still is an emptiness a sence whenever I play it. There is so much more it could have. It has the great story, the great characters, heck even the cool looking armor and clothes, but what about the extras. You know, like the little things that don't really have any need in the game, but are just there to make the game look and feel better. I'm not trying to put an emphasis on these extras, I'm just syaing that it would have at least make the game more filling. Maybe it's just me.

A

Asura

It made redoing the game more of a chore just for some extra bits here and there and new ending that still left the game all too short and somewhat unfufilling. It just seemed too cramed and thrown at you instead of surprising and mystic. They should have just made an expansion (basic insert first disc then expansion disc GTA London type deal).

K

Kato Si

Fable was lacking just about everything Lost Chapters offers.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kato Si said:
Fable was lacking just about everything Lost Chapters offers.

That was obviously the thing they were trying to fix by releasing it :)

K

Kato Si

Dark Drakan said:
That was obviously the thing they were trying to fix by releasing it :)

Totally, other wise they would have just waited to release the sequel.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kato Si said:
Totally, other wise they would have just waited to release the sequel.

Correct, they just wanted to keep fans happy and keep the Fable franchise in peoples minds for longer until a sequel is made.

K

Kato Si

Dark Drakan said:
Correct, they just wanted to keep fans happy and keep the Fable francise in peoples minds for longer until a sequel is made.

I Totally agree.

C

Crazyarms

The only thing i would have change about Fable, was the personalization ability. It would be cool to make your character exactly the way you wanted, instead of letting the game do it for you.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
The only thing i would have change about Fable, was the personalization ability. It would be cool to make your character exactly the way you wanted, instead of letting the game do it for you.

Yeah it will be good to see more customisation options in future releases i agree.

K

Kato Si

Yeah, it would be very cool to chose what you look like.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kato Si said:
Yeah, it would be very cool to chose what you look like.

In more detail you mean ;)

C

Crazyarms

Yeah, and get rid of that aging per abiltiy thing, cause you have to stay so low im abilities so you still look young.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
Yeah, and get rid of that aging per abiltiy thing, cause you have to stay so low im abilities so you still look young.

Yeah and if you over use will magic it ages you loads and i love using it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.