• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's Wrong With Fable? (A video elaborating on my original post.)

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
No, this is not a video. This is a podcast with a single person, how sad. You have your ideas confused. Find a buddy to talk about Fable and it will become *slightly* more interesting.

Would you like to hear my ramblings about Fable?

No, you wouldn't and that's my point.

Also is your Youtube Avatar done in MS Word 2000? Because it likes so. Also the effect in the youtube background? That's poorly made. The description could be better.

"The graphics feel a little more Disney"

Disney is known for great graphics and fantasy, and Fable was never made to look realistic, but to be a "Fable" approach of a story, where you see the beautiful fantasy characters, environments and heroes coming together to match against a villain.

Read any children's fable book with illustrations. Before criticizing then you should know and understand the source material. (Which is the same mistake I have done in the past)

Also your problems with Fable 3 are the commonly accepted problems-- everyone and their mothers know about them. So having you re-broadcast what is common knowledge for a now-four year old game isn't entertaining.

You don't take a step forward compared to other thousands of people on youtube doing this, it isn't unique and it's not a video--it's an audio file with an image in the background.

My honest opinion? Invest more into ensuring about what you want to do, get to know the source material, make good deductions about why and how Fable 3 is, find someone that can match or equal your passion for the game and then do a "video" or "podcast" or whatever you decide with them and you will get many views if you share it a little here and there.

Last edited:

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Well said Oni. To sum up my opinion. Everything wrong with the fable franchise can be summed up with this one link:http://playeressence.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Peter-Molyneux.jpg

And the man himself even admits it. Sure fable 3 wasn't a bad game. The controls worked well, the graphics were good... But it wasn't a great game. I am looking forward to playing anniversary. I know it will be a great game

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
No, this is not a video. This is a podcast with a single person, how sad. You have your ideas confused. Find a buddy to talk about Fable and it will become *slightly* more interesting.

Would you like to hear my ramblings about Fable?

No, you wouldn't and that's my point.

Also is your Youtube Avatar done in MS Word 2000? Because it likes so. Also the effect in the youtube background? That's poorly made. The description could be better.

"The graphics feel a little more Disney"

Disney is known for great graphics and fantasy, and Fable was never made to look realistic, but to be a "Fable" approach of a story, where you see the beautiful fantasy characters, environments and heroes coming together to match against a villain.

Read any children's fable book with illustrations. Before criticizing then you should know and understand the source material. (Which is the same mistake I have done in the past)

Also your problems with Fable 3 are the commonly accepted problems-- everyone and their mothers know about them. So having you re-broadcast what is common knowledge for a now-four year old game isn't entertaining.

You don't take a step forward compared to other thousands of people on youtube doing this, it isn't unique and it's not a video--it's an audio file with an image in the background.

My honest opinion? Invest more into ensuring about what you want to do, get to know the source material, make good deductions about why and how Fable 3 is, find someone that can match or equal your passion for the game and then do a "video" or "podcast" or whatever you decide with them and you will get many views if you share it a little here and there.

I didn't say it was supposed to be entertaining or for anyone's enjoyment, I only said it was a video. I realize I should have called it 'audio', and I apologize for that mistake, however, I do know the source material. I didn't intend to make a gameplay video or a detailed podcast, I only wanted to read the original post and elaborate slightly on it. I also wanted people who didn't want to read an entire post to be able to just listen to the audio. The rest of your post was opinion, so I won't respond to that.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I didn't say it was supposed to be entertaining or for anyone's enjoyment, I only said it was a video. I realize I should have called it 'audio', and I apologize for that mistake, however, I do know the source material. I didn't intend to make a gameplay video or a detailed podcast, I only wanted to read the original post and elaborate slightly on it. I also wanted people who didn't want to read an entire post to be able to just listen to the audio. The rest of your post was opinion, so I won't respond to that.
I admit that on January 30th I was on a good mood especially.