• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Sofas to buy? Need opinions

Which sofa set should me and Angel go for?

• Number 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Number 2

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Which Sofas to buy? Need opinions

Hi,

I know next to nothing about sofas. If you guys had the choice - which sofa set would you go for?

Jasmine Large Sofa and Regular Sofa - Chocolate
6272227A66UC313897X.jpg

More details: link

ITALIAN 3+2 LEATHER SUITE BROWN CHOC NEW SOFA SETTEE (sorry about the caps - I just copy and pasted)
64935297_tp.jpg

More details: link

+rep to everyone who responds with their vote. =]

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Which Sofas to buy? Need Opinions

Set 2 GMV + its over £100 cheaper...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

After my experience with leather sofas id say the first one as leather ones tend to be cold to sit and lie on in winter and you stick to them in summer. Plus they are hard as hell and hard to get comfy on.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I voted 1, but I begin to doubt if it was the right choice.
I prefer fabric and Jasmine has better color + you get free pillows.

But my dad would choose the 2nd one just because it has more support to your back, it seems Jasmine only has the pillows, which isn`t good.

Edit: Drakan is right about leather...
But Jasmine is meant for professional cleaning only!

F

FableFreak

I like the leather one, although leather does get uncomfortable on cold mornings when the upholstery cools down.

H

Hexadecimal

do they have to be brown? =]

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Which Sofas to buy? Need opinions

Leather... although I am a huuuge fan of leather, it just doesn't go for sofas, trust me. My family had one set in leather once and not only will they look reaaaaaally ugly when worn because they start to crack everywhere in the leather but spilling something on it... jeesh. Especially if it is soda, get ready to never leave your sofa because you'd get stuck there forever....

And the other set looks more... snuggly, although the lack of back support seems troubling.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Hexadecimal;132353 said:
do they have to be brown? =]
Me and Angel are pretty much decided on chocolate brown. Although I did see some ultra sexy coffee coloured sofa sets from Argos the other day... phwooar...

But we're mainly going for a chocolate brown coloured sofa bundle because it's about the only colour that will go with our creamy living room; and we want darker coloured sofas since it helps hide the dirt that the dog... and kid... brings into the house. ^_^

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

See my reservations about leather have already been covered by you guys...however, the sofas we had until this afternoon were incredibly comfy even though they were leather...

Back support is important for me, obviously, but to be honest I'm so totally screwed in the spine department I doubt it matters :lol:

R

Rhadiel

id get set two, since i have the same set, and the leather is nice :)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

We actually just got new furniture delivered for our beautifully newly green-tiled, be-wainscoted, blue-walled, and hopefully-soon-to-be-big-TVfied for our family room, and on the basis of that I have to go with the second.

It actually looks alot (okay, just a little) like ours, only in the ugly brown instead of the "Mushroom" green-tinged gray; and with the couch and the loveseat instead of the couch and the big-huge-recliner/"snuggler".

Oh, and other difference is that the two end seats on the couch on ours recline which is, trust me, frigging wonderful. That one doesn't look like it does. The downside to ours is that it was pretty damn expensive.

Yeah, though, one of our worries was that we'd stick to the leather in the summer, but in the day we've had it I haven't noticed any problems, even coming in from the boiling-hot (end of) summer weather. Part of that is the fact that, totally out of character for my family, we still have the A/C on in September, but still.

On the other hand, I am of the opinion that ANY new furniture is good. But I have to say: aside from the fact that, going from our old recliner, kids break them really easily, recliners are God's gift to furniture.

But yes, our furniture is obscenely comfortable. Every time I sit down I have trouble getting back up instead of going to sleep. So I say go with the comfy leather stuff.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

LEATHER SUITE oops I choose 1 can you switch it to 2

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

50-50 poll, typical :lol:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;132531 said:
50-50 poll, typical :lol:

It seems you`ll going to have a hard time choosing it anyway.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, we're going to have to make a decision soon because right now we are sitting on a mattress like a pair of squatters :lol:

H

Hexadecimal

I would vote if they didn't have to be brown... but I just can't... it's too much like Old Gill...

"we have a brown shoe" =]
"do you hear that, kids? Brown!" :w00t:

your curtains look like something out of my Meme's house... 4 years ago :lol:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Curtains came with the house - the window is enormous and to buy new curtains would cost near enough to £100. And anyway, we like them :hmm:

Chocolate brown is perfect for this house - everything in it is cream, coffee and chocolate which is exactly the way I always wanted it if I ever got to have my own place one day. Considering my last home was a mixture of yellow, salmon pink, purple, blue and Winnie The Pooh wallpaper I'm quite relieved to have a normal house again :D

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I'm telling you-- get the leather, then go buy another batch of Pooh Bear wallpaper.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Winnie the Pooh and leather...it just lends itself to all sorts of bizarre and unsettling images...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

The 50/50 poll seems to have been broken at last.