• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whisper's Childhood

B

Briar Rose

Whisper's Childhood

"But mother, I can't go there!" The exclamation came from a 10-year old black girl. She had very long hair that almost touched her waist, and was very pretty. Her name was Whisper. Whisper was in her home in Bowerstone, and was arguing with her mother. "But Whisper, you have to be just like your brother! Imagine how upset Thunder will be if he finds out you are not going to the Hero's Guild and training to be a Hero!"
Whisper sighed, and plunked herself down in a plush sofa lying in her living room. A small kitten jumped on her lap and licked her hand. "It doesn't sound right...Hero's are supposed to be strong, right? I am just a weak little girl that is good with cosmetics!"
"Oh, come of it Whisper!" her mother snapped, picking up a dripping pan from the pail of water laying on the sink. "They'll train you up at the Guild, anyone can go there! Especially if their family has a reputation of good Heroes. " She started drying the pan, and Whisper tromped off to her room.
That night, Whisper thought of the idea of being a Hero. She imagined herself, maybe in the Arena, fighting horrible creatures with ease, and winning loads of gold, turning famous and living a life of bravery.
Whisper turned over and pulled her quilt over her chin, thinking hard.
She loved to do makeup, and stuff like that, However, she wasn't a huge girly-girl. She had fought before..how clearly she could remember it, right now! She and her friend had been playing in the Picnic Area, when a Hobbe had suddenly appeared and chased Mary, Whisper's fried. Whisper had scooped up a stick, and chased the creature away, hitting it vigorously again and again.
The next day, Whisper sat in the kitchen, while her mother served breakfast. As a steaming bowl of oatmeal was set before her, Whisper cleared her throat.
"I have made my decision," she said loudly, looking at her mother.
"I'll go to the Hero's guild, and try out in my training!"
"I KNEW you could do it, Whisper!" cried her mother, smiling happy. Whisper beamed and shoveled down her oatmeal happily. Everything looked bright for her!
'"I am proud of you Whisper. Perhaps you will become a great Hero one day."
Whisper and Thunder were walking toward the Hero's Guild,were Whisper would begin her training. What excitement she felt, like the first day of summer holidays, or when you find you have won the lottery! It is a great excitement, burning through you like fire.
Whisper and Thunder continued to walk, until they reached the Guild.
"Best of luck, little sister!
"Welcome to the Hero's Guild! You look like a worthy young girl to me."
Whisper smiled at the kindly old man wearing a robe with the Guild's
mark on it.
"What is your name, child?"
"Whisper"
"Pleased to meet you Whisper. I believe your older brother is Thunder?"
"Yes, sir"
"Well! I am sure you'll be great just like him!"
"I suppose, sir."
"Your room is room 234. You will find it on the second floor, right to the left hallway."
"Yes sir."
Whisper walked herself to her room, feeling excited. She entered her room, and beamed. It was huge, with bookshelves and a roaring fire.
Whisper sighed happily and plunked herself onto her bed. What wonders would she find here?

The rest of the story, as you know, is continued when the little boy enters the Guild, and they train together. Hope you like my story!^_^

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score
Re: Whisper's Childhood

nice + rep

H

Hexadecimal

it was ok ... though the women seemed to be walking stereotypes... :unsure:

N

Negabin

i have to say,the grammar,punctuation and all around wording is absolutely outstanding to what i've seen here!+rep

V

VideoGame420

Well it's good and interesting but I just have to say this........I KILLED WHISPER MUAHAHAHAHA!

0cean v0id

amusing...

pretty hillarious.
cosmetics
hobbes
sticks.
picnic area.
just for seeing this im gonna make a mod to put hobbes in picnic area!
=P
good though except lil whisp wasnt from bowerstone it mentions that in the book about thunder.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

I think Whisper was from a different island and when Whisper and thunder set sale they were attacked by a kraken and everyone on that boat died accept for Thunder and Whisper. They drifted of to the shores of Alboin were Thunder became a Hero and Whisper became an aprintice at the Guild Of heros. But none the less it was an intresting Piece.

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

I liked it +rep