• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who are your favorite characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For me . . . Reaver would definitely have to be first on my list. Let's face it; he's pretty damn awesome. I mean, he can block a freaking bullet. WITH A CANE. Do you know anyone else who's capable of that? Because I don't. Not just that, but he has (in my opinion) one of the greatest video game character voices ever, and I like his overly-sized top hat.

Ben Finn and Walter are tied for second place. Though he doesn't really make much of an appearance throughout the game, I liked Ben anyways, because he's cool. And I found Walter's dialogue/behavior funny.

Jasper probably would have made third place, but I discovered that he talks way too much - whether I'm in the Sanctuary, or not. So, his would-be placement has been taken instead by . . . Lesley. Yes, the guy from the Dark Sanctum, who's obsessed with all things evil . . . and, apparently, cooking.

And finally, at the bottom of my short list is none other than . . . the Crawler. Ignoring how freakishly annoying he turned out to be (the morbid-poetic rants got on my nerves quickly), I really liked how demonic his voice sounded. It actually scared me a little.

So, that's enough from me . . . what about you? Who's on your list - if you happen to have one - of favorite characters?

King William

Reaction score
My favorite would have to be the whores! Spent so much money on them. :blush:

Reaction score
My favorite would have to be the whores! Spent so much money on them. :blush:

:thumbsup:

I haven't actually seen any of them yet, but I will say . . . the brothel that was built in Bowerstone did bring me a fair bit of money.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Favorite characters? At least not Elliot and Reaver. Too bad Reaver can't be killed... And the dog, I didn't care for the dog. The ones I did like were mostly the rest, but not any ones standing out. The ones I liked most were the ones I married. :p
For the rest no- WAIT, the three crazy guys doing the 'The Game' quest, they were awesome. Oh Yeah.

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
Haha I gotta say, I'm a Reaver lover myself...he's just too funny. He's such an amoral basket case. I mean really, I think he's probably the most complex character the game has.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
I never liked Reaver in II, nor III. However, I do like his use of s pistol and his intelligence to smart people out. Really cool, but I ain't a fan.

Number one is Walter, I actually felt attached to him.
Two is Major Swift.
Three is Ben.
Four is Boulder.

Reaction score
Haha I gotta say, I'm a Reaver lover myself...he's just too funny. He's such an amoral basket case. I mean really, I think he's probably the most complex character the game has.

Heh, agreed. It's difficult to describe him. . . .

I was also rather amused by how lecherous he is . . . a pity that invitation to the "private party" he mentioned couldn't be accepted, right? No? Maybe I'm the only one.

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
Heh, agreed. It's difficult to describe him. . . .

I was also rather amused by how lecherous he is . . . a pity that invitation to the "private party" he mentioned couldn't be accepted, right? No? Maybe I'm the only one.

No you're not alone. I was like, 'Come on, you're gonna offer and I can't accept??' haha. There's just something about that crazy pirate.

Reaction score
No you're not alone. I was like, 'Come on, you're gonna offer and I can't accept??' haha. There's just something about that crazy pirate.

Well, I've only played Fable III, so I'm not quite sure how Reaver acted in the previous games. I've done some brief poking around before; yet I'm still quite uninformed. But, from my firsthand gaming experiences, I would have to say it's his refined demeanor that really got to me, and simply his general ways of . . . er, handling situations? He's so calm, but he's still capable of doing pretty much whatever he wants. (Double entendre not intended. Aha. I am so clever. ^_^)

And now, I think I should stop my rambling. The horrid fangirl portion of my being is really starting to take over.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Well, I've only played Fable III, so I'm not quite sure how Reaver acted in the previous games. I've done some brief poking around before; yet I'm still quite uninformed. But, from my firsthand gaming experiences, I would have to say it's his refined demeanor that really got to me, and simply his general ways of . . . er, handling situations? He's so calm, but he's still capable of doing pretty much whatever he wants. (Double entendre not intended. Aha. I am so clever. ^_^)

And now, I think I should stop my rambling. The horrid fangirl portion of my being is really starting to take over.

Well Reaver DID trick the Hero of Bowerstone into using the Seal of the Shadow Order (or whatever). I believe he is a user, and a deceiver, to say the least. He does what he wants, and is very cunning by the way he goes about doing it.

Reaction score
Well Reaver DID trick the Hero of Bowerstone into using the Seal of the Shadow Order (or whatever). I believe he is a user, and a deceiver, to say the least. He does what he wants, and is very cunning by the way he goes about doing it.

Ah, I read a bit about that Shadow . . . thingy. Yes, he's very cunning. I've always tended to gravitate towards those sorts of characters . . . it's a bit sad, really. I prefer video game characters over real people.

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score

Fable II is really worth playing if you're a Reaver fan, or even if you're not. It'll develop him a little more for ya. You'll get his sinister backstory. And it's true about his demeanor, nothing really seems to shake him. Reaver fangirls unite! Haha.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
My favorite character in the fable series has to be.. Walter

He really is one of the only people who you have an emotional connection to (To a point).

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
For me, it would be:
My dog :)
Walter
Sabine
Ben
Boulder
Jasper (he would be higher, but I got the Jasper glitch, so I don't really know him that well :L)

But overall, in the entire Fable series, my favourite character would have to be Hammer, from Fable II :). I felt so connected with her :).

Reaction score
My favorite character in the fable series has to be.. Walter

He really is one of the only people who you have an emotional connection to (To a point).

Yes, I liked Walter. He was funny, and I was sad when I had to watch him die.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Walter for sure.

I had a real evil character the first time around, but for some reason I just couldn't leave him out there in the desert. So the only noble thing my hero had ever done was try to drag Walter to safety. It was a rather baffling but profound moment for my hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.