• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why so damn fast through fable 2?

J

jiffy166

why so damn fast through fable 2?

what i mean is i heard that people finished fable the lost chapters in 2 1/2 hours it took me 24 hours the first time i played it and 9 hours the second time so how does everyone get through the games so fast. (not really sure if anything i just said makes sense, sirry if it doesnt).:)

N

Ninjanoob509

Re: why so damn fast through fable 2?

i havent really heard of people finishing it that fast but yah... i finised it in like 5 hours but i did do a bunch of side quests to so thats probably y.

but the main quest its self is pritty short im sure if you just stay on the man quest and dont bother with the side quests and rush through it... than maybe its posible but idk

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Because people run through the game and just stick to the main quests and do nothing else to see the ending as fast as possible.

J

jiffy166

oh yeah. but what is the point of that. because they rush through as fast as they can the first time they play it its like just enjoy the game

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

jiffy166;220126 said:
oh yeah. but what is the point of that. because they rush through as fast as they can the first time they play it its like just enjoy the game

Some people do it just for achievements and then go back through the game again to get the rest. Others do it just to say that they completed it in 3 hours or whatever as if its a good thing and then the rest just do it because they want to see the stories ending as soon as they can.

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

Might be trial and error.
They run through, see what they did wrong, then create a new chara to go through again

J

Jay Mac 7

Regardless of how fast someone plays through the first time, with Fable 2 I guarantee a vast majority of players will go through several more times.

I'm also a slow player, checking everything out, completing side quests and mini-games. But to each his own.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

was the story good or a disappointment

T

Tymolus

I think the real reason is stupidity. That's just me. I won't beat Fable 2 for at least a week.

E

eastwood3

I cant believe you guys already finished it. I have played for maybe 5 hours and i havn't gotten hardly anywhere. im just gonna take my time, but does anyone know if you can actually plant a seed like Peter said. i know he said you would be able to the first game and they cut it and said they put it in this time. but i havn't heard anything about it. Just wondrin

K

Krunomo

some people are just twats who think it makes their manhood larger to finish a game in 2.5 hours. Personally, i've used my time to make craploads of cash blacksmithing and buying all the houses in bowerstone. Then i've been forcing the rental prices down :D

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Heh, took me somewhere in the region of 12-15 hours to complete Fable: The Lost Chapters the last time I played it. I like to take my time and soak in all the scenery, and fights, and whatnot. I can't even bring myself to race / speed run through games (except Sonic The Hedgehog since I wanted to unlock the achievements) :p

T

Tymolus

projectego;220326 said:
Heh, took me somewhere in the region of 12-15 hours to complete Fable: The Lost Chapters the last time I played it. I like to take my time and soak in all the scenery, and fights, and whatnot. I can't even bring myself to race / speed run through games (except Sonic The Hedgehog since I wanted to unlock the achievements) :p

Yeah and Sonic IS speedy :D:D:lol:

Jimbo1425

MASTER ASSASSIN
Reaction score

i was able to complete fable tlc in about 3 hours after i played it twice for about 20 hours each, but with fable 2 i will take 50 hours for my first playthrough to do EVERYTHING and then a girl with everthing and so on

X

xSLip

Krunomo;220293 said:
some people are just twats who think it makes their manhood larger to finish a game in 2.5 hours. Personally, i've used my time to make craploads of cash blacksmithing and buying all the houses in bowerstone. Then i've been forcing the rental prices down :D
Heh, it is better to beat the game and get 1 mil gold.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

the only way I can see people doing fable TLC in under 5 hours is simply running ignoring monsters so not killing them all and missing all the side quests and silver keys etc.
Even under 10 hours I think it would be someone rushing through the game, again probably not killing all monsters instead just running away from fights and possibly skipping side quests, plus all cut scenes etc.

My first play on fable the original (not TLC) was logged at 22 hours.
My second which did include all possible side quests was 17 hours.

So far on TLC I am at snowspire and yet to finish the game and have been trying to get all secrets/side quests etc. I am at 19 hours. I have actually been playing it a week and more than 19 hours total (time lost due to crashes, and trying to get skorms bow).

Now a healthy way to play a game is maybe an hour here and there possibly few hours at weekend so something like TLC would last for a couple of weeks in that scenario, but a lot of people get a game and then play it and try to do it all in one go with no sleep etc. and then complain it was too short lol.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

Krunomo;220293 said:

Couldnt agree more, seen a lot of discussions on fable 1 on the internet, the ones which you can tell are between school aged children they all trying to out boast each other on how quick they finish the game, how quick they get legendary weapons etc.