• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Windows 8 and TLC

m3trackboy

Reaction score
I've installed TLC on a Windows 8 box and set the icon to XP sp3 compatibility but it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to load, once loaded plays fine.

Also had to re-install does this wipe out my old profile or is it still there but needs importing or renaming.

Many thanks for any help

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
Man, with Win8 I'm not even sure, in terms of carrying over old profiles. I am certain you can just copy it over without incident, but the problem I would have is that I would not know where to stick the saves. Whatever the equivalent of Win8's My Documents is, it will go in there, under My Games\Fable\Saves.

And it seems that the game gets slower with each update to Windows. On Vista there was a deal with the loading speed, and on Win7 that I use now the experience/upgrade thing takes forever because of the videos. I can't imagine what's going on with Win8.

m3trackboy

Reaction score
N
Man, with Win8 I'm not even sure, in terms of carrying over old profiles. I am certain you can just copy it over without incident, but the problem I would have is that I would not know where to stick the saves. Whatever the equivalent of Win8's My Documents is, it will go in there, under My Games\Fable\Saves.

And it seems that the game gets slower with each update to Windows. On Vista there was a deal with the loading speed, and on Win7 that I use now the experience/upgrade thing takes forever because of the videos. I can't imagine what's going on with Win8.
Hi

I'm with you on the speed issue, game doesn't seem slow once your into it its just getting there!
There doesn't seem to be TLC for Xbox or is it called a different name?

The only other thing I thought of doing was to run a virtual XP machine on Win 8

Many thanks for the reply

xx_kiLLaz_xx

I love fable!!
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd your planning on gaming don't get windows 8.
Just buy windows 7 for $50. Its 10x better anyways.

AngelaCM

Reaction score
I had a bear of a time getting Fable III to work after upgrading to Win8 but there are some really useful tricks on the Fable III steam community. I would link, but apparently, I am too new here. :(

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had a bear of a time getting Fable III to work after upgrading to Win8 but there are some really useful tricks on the Fable III steam community. I would link, but apparently, I am too new here. :(

Feel free to private message me any links you might have and I can post them for you. You'll receive full credit of course. :)