• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wow, I really suck

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score
Wow, I really suck

Ok, this is about my 10th (roughly) Thread regarding some help, I don't even know why I continue modding, my skills are progressing at a lower-than average rate, but atleast I search the forums trying to find the answer to my problem before I post threads (otherwise I would have about 100+ threads, and be a mega-noob).

Ok, that out of the way... The issue I have involves the program 3ds Max 2009. I have been working on my modeling skills, and I am HORRIBLE at it, I have searched for some proper tutorials, and none really help me with this problem. Remember the Frostmourne Fix I released? I have been tampering with that. I removed the side blade-like objects just after the hilt from the model completely. (I think it looks MUCH better without them)

Screen Shot #1:
MyFixedFrostSideBlades.jpg

What it looks like after:

Screen Shot #2:
FrostMinusSides.jpg

Doing that, created a bit of a problem, it made a gap (or a hole, whatever you want to call it) in the side of the model where the side blade things used to be.

Screen Shot #3:
FrostHole.jpg

That is where 3ds Max comes in (or any modeling program you prefer). This is how far I got, I created faces to try to cover up that hole, but (since I am still a noob at modeling) I have no idea how to "solidify" the faces I put over the gap.

Screen Shot #4:
FrostmourneSideGap.jpg

The red area is the face I created to cover it up, the far right side is still blank, because I will have to angle that one differently, and I will not be doing that untill I know how to make the created face a solid. The reason it is red is because it is selected "highlighted" obviously. Your help is graciously appreciated.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Wow, I really suck

Aha! I remember having this problem. You need to use the bridge tool. One sec, I'll open up 3ds and check exactly where it is.

Ack, it crashed on me. Alright, so I'm not sure if the option is available as a editable mesh, but you can check.

So, if you can't find it as an editable mesh, make sure you are on the modifier tab at the top, select the edge option and go to the bottom. There should be a bunch of options, along with one called bridge. Click the little square next to it, go to select edge, select your edges you want to join.

Hope it helps. It crashed on me in the midst of me checking it all out, so this is a crude "tutorial".

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

umm, im not seeing a "bridge" option

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

thx skotekal, and thank you John, Welding works pretty good, its a little hard to stretch it to cover up the gap without skewing the part of the model im welding, but nothing a little work won't fix. I basically got it down, thx alot guys :)