• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox 360 Dashboard Update out today

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
xboxlive.jpg
Major Nelson put on his Twitter page earlier that Microsoft have rolled out a mandatory Xbox Live update today. The update will address the previously reported colour issues and video playback quality.
Major Nelsons Statement
This update will increase performance and is part of our continued effort to provide the best possible Xbox Live experience. In this update, we are providing a fix to a colour issue that some were experiencing, and it will be immediately notable in the dashboard. The fix is also being applied by partners to their apps on Xbox Live, which we expect to roll out over the coming months.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I must be blind, what color issue is he referring to?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I must be blind, what color issue is he referring to?

There were some reported in the Beta before the dashboard went live apparently it forced video content to run at limited range RGB levels, resulting in washed out colours, with blacks becoming grey for example.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ohh okay, hmm.. now that I recall I do remember my blacks turning into green and at times purple when viewing a video at my TV's native resolution only.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ohh okay, hmm.. now that I recall I do remember my blacks turning into green and at times purple when viewing a video at my TV's native resolution only.

Should be fixed now at least and some other performance issues have been rectified.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I didn't actually notice the problem until they fixed it, and I went "Oh... that does look better."

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I didn't actually notice the problem until they fixed it, and I went "Oh... that does look better."

I only know about it because I read about it didnt notice it while playing videos either.