• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox Live Catches the Holiday Flu

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Xbox Live Catches the Holiday Flu

xbox_360_live.png

Gamers who have tried to get on Xbox Live today have been met with nothing but pain. Apparently the service is down for most of it’s users. What’s worse than not having beloved online multiplayer during Christmas. Some users have still managed to get on but have had unpleasant experiences trying to find matches, while others simply can’t log on at all. A similar event occurred almost exactly one year ago, Xbox Live had gone down a few days after Christmas causing nothing but trouble as no one was able to play their brand new games. I have been following the situation closely throughout the day while also trying to deal with my own internet issues, through from what I can tell via twitter and the Xbox forums... this is certainly a widespread issue. Be sure to keep checking back as I will be bringing you the latest updates on the Live outage as improvements are made, until then all we have is the following message from Xbox Live Support.

“Users may be unable to log into Xbox Live. Our engineers are currently investigating and are working to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

UPDATE: It looks like users on my friends list are slowly reconnecting to Live, still no official word on whether or not the issue has been resolved.

UPDATE #2: The Xbox Support page has been updated to say “Users may experience intermittent issues when attempting to connect to Xbox Live.”

UPDATE #3: Major Nelson has posted the following message on Twitter “From what the engineers tell me, people are having problems signing in. The XOC (Xbox Operations Center) is investigating.”
Source

Did anyone have trouble or Is anyone still having trouble logging in or seeing their friends on XBL?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Xbox Live Catches the Holiday Flu

Ive had no trouble really from what ive noticed, seems nothing is safe from the xmas bugs.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

It won't redeem my code. Worst thing is that it is saying the code is invalid... I don't want to have spent money on nothing! It better accept the code later...

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

I had no trouble but my friend was unable to get onto the gears of war lobby to play online co-op campain with me. :(

runeblade265

Ultramarine Force Command
Reaction score

i have no problem signign in but i have yet to play multiplayer as im playing mass effect

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

runeblade265;150908 said:
i have no problem signign in but i have yet to play multiplayer as im playing mass effect

Same 'problem' ive had for the last few weeks, unable to stop playing that long enough to play any online games. :lol:

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I know it was a few days ago when this occurred, but I don't recall ever having any trouble logging into Xbox Live or playing any games online at all. Guess I was just one of the lucky ones.