• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox Live

A

Avos Tear

Xbox Live

My brother said that I have to pay to go on Xbox Live,is that true?Even though I think he's tricking me,I'm curious...lol

S

Solus

Re: Xbox Live

I believe Xbox Live silver is free, but I don't use Xbox Live, so I don't know :hmm:

Yep, it's free:

Xbox 360™ and Xbox Live® feature two levels of membership, the premium Gold service and the free—yes, free—Silver status that is available to all Xbox 360 owners (if you purchase the Core system you will need an additional memory unit or hard drive). All you need to do is plug in to your broadband Internet connection, register for Xbox Live Silver (accepting the Terms of Use), and you're online with Xbox Live Silver.

A

Avos Tear

Oh thanks alot!What are the extra benefits of Gold Xbox Live?I'm asking these questions because I'm gonna sell my Wii for an Xbox 360 =]

S

Solus

Get it All
An Xbox Live Gold Membership is the complete online entertainment experience that's only available on Xbox 360. Those who subscribe to this premium service can jump online and compete in huge virtual arenas against the best and brightest players out there, or just play casually against family and friends. As an Xbox Live Gold member on Xbox 360 you'll get to:
  • Engage in competitive online multiplayer matches using the new TrueSkill™ matchmaking system.
  • Tailor your matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments.
  • Chat with more than one person at a time.
  • Take advantage of exclusive privileges in the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Xbox Live Gold Membership does have its privileges, and the biggest one of all is the ability to enjoy your Xbox 360 games online. Games like Perfect Dark Zero™, Call of Duty® 2, and Burnout Revenge™ let you play hectic matches against dozens of living, breathing opponents from all over the world.
If large scale frag-fests aren't your thing, you might enjoy the tactical stylings of the latest Tom Clancy squad-based shooter, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon™ Advanced Warfighter™. Peek in on the latest race in Project Gotham Racing® 3 using GothamTV or visit the Xbox Live Arcade to play the latest casual arcade games.
Since Xbox Live Gold is enhanced for Xbox 360, you have total control over your online experience. Check out our articles on the feedback system, enhanced friends list, matchmaking, Gamer Zones, and tournament systems for full details about each component of Xbox Live Gold.
All Xbox Live gamers also get a free Xbox Live Diamond Card. Personalized with your gamertag, the card gets you discounts and promotions at your favorite stores, restaurants, and other retailers across the country—Ticketmaster, Cambridge Soundworks, Timberland, McDonald's, and hundreds more are partnering with Microsoft. Sign up for your Xbox Live Diamond Card here!
Simply put, Xbox Live Gold is the only way to play online. What are you waiting for?
Article by Jim W. Gettys

3 month subscription: $29.99 USD
12 month: $59.99 USD

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Avos Tear;165336 said:
Oh thanks alot!What are the extra benefits of Gold Xbox Live?I'm asking these questions because I'm gonna sell my Wii for an Xbox 360 =]

Also get demos sooner than the silver subscribers (recently been changed).

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Thanks for helping out Avos Tear with his problem, Solus and DD. +rep