• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox One

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
"If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards"

microsoft wants to remove the used games market for the xbox one entirely

ha
haha
ha
go home xbox, youre drunk
haha
what are you doing microsoft
ha
you're ruining your company
stop it microsoft
stop it
oh but don't worry kidds, it has CABLE TV VIEWING
OOOO
AAHHH
because we all bought a GAME SYSTEM to watch TELEVISION
AM I RIGHT GUYS??? HAHAHAHAHA
HALO TV SERIES???? HAHAHAHHA

I'LL KILL YOU MICROSOFT
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
WHAT FOUL SORCERIES HAVE YOU WROUGHT
ibqx8wFlY57R3d.gif

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I don't actually have any interest in buying Xbox One but... why would they do the blocking - used - game thing? What does this mean exactly?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I don't actually have any interest in buying Xbox One but... why would they do the blocking - used - game thing? What does this mean exactly?

The way I figure it: you have to buy an "activation" from XBLive in order to use a disc someone has already used once...?

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
The way I figure it: you have to buy an "activation" from XBLive in order to use a disc someone has already used once...?
One way to look at it is like this: The status quo is that they can only sell the game once. This way, they can sell the rights to use the disc multiple times to multiple people.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

So what if your friend lends you a game, you need to buy the code?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Well you can all **** off, I'm not lending you squat.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Technically it doesnt block used games, you can still use them on it so they werent lying. Rumours coming out today that Sony are planning to do the same sort of thing too, they just let Microsoft take all the flak first. Both said they wouldnt block used games & they arent, they are just making you pay to play them.

PS4 'to regulate used games like Xbox One

However the internet campaigns have already started to get them to drop the idea & force Microsofts hand too.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Blegh. Just blegh. I'm finding it incredibly hard to get excited about this.

But, honestly? I think a Halo TV series is kinda cool. I really enjoyed Forward Unto Dawn, at least. The miniseries.

But... find it really hard to get excited about the console. Just seems like a step into the land of gimmickry.

Maybe time will probe that I'm talking out my ass.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
At the core, the Wii is still not even half the console that the 360 and PS3 are though.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
anyone know anything about the Steam Box

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Im not even forming an opinion on ANY of the next gen consoles until some real details are released & not the scaremongering media 'truths' & half arsed feature explanations we currently have (or Sonys huge silence on most of the PS4's).

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
E3, here we come!

Until then, these new gen consoles don't exist.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well, they've done it. Microsoft have come out and said some real details.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online
Microsoft said:
With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.

Oh thank goodness, if anything what I was really worried about was whether or not I could watch TV on my Xbox One while offline.

>.>
In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends.

So... I can freely buy/trade used games, or lend them to a friend whenever I want, as often as I want?
We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.
Yes...yes... go on...
There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

Oh.