• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Xbox360] Can't play Multiplayer - Network settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinnox

Reaction score
When I first started playing Fable 3, I was able to join other players' games and have other players join my game. However, for the past few months or so, I've been completely unable to connect to other people in Fable 3 -- neither friends nor random people.
Edit: Bolded, and some clarification: I can play and connect with friends for other games (COD, BF3, etc), but I cannot join or be joined by other players in Fable.

When I try to join someone else, I get this notice:
"Co-op session failed to connect. This may be due to your network settings. To check your network settings, go to System Settings on the Xbox Dashboard."

I've checked my settings and looked online for solutions, but nothing works. I set my NAT type to Open, I open different ports, I disable my firewall (to test if it would work), I try wirelessly connecting to my router, I try connecting my Xbox to the router with an ethernet cable.... But nothing works!

I'm desperate now. I have no idea what to do anymore. Lately I've been giving free gold and legendary weapons to random people whose orbs I pass by, just in hopes that the Xbox lords will grant me access to the multiplayer feature.

So please, Fable 3 forum, help me resolve this issue. If you have questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
In the troubleshooting test on Xbox Dashboard does it run that ok and say everything is running ok?

Jinnox

Reaction score
Erm, I'm not sure which troubleshooting test you mean. I'm able to connect to the Internet and XBL just fine, if that's what you're asking.

I should have been more clear in the first post -- I'm able to connect to friends in parties/chat/etc outside of Fable 3 (usually, anyway); I just can't play with anybody in Fable 3 Multiplayer. I'll edit that in the OP. Sorry if that was misleading.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Erm, I'm not sure which troubleshooting test you mean. I'm able to connect to the Internet and XBL just fine, if that's what you're asking.

I should have been more clear in the first post -- I'm able to connect to friends in parties/chat/etc outside of Fable 3 (usually, anyway); I just can't play with anybody in Fable 3 Multiplayer. I'll edit that in the OP. Sorry if that was misleading.

Ah i see, the connection test i was referring to is in the settings on the dashboard that will test your internet and connection to Xbox Live as well as checking to see if your NAT settings have changed. Ive changed mine to Open quite a few times but sometimes it resets itself back to Moderate and then i have connection issues with friends who have Open or Strict NAT settings. If you can connect with people in other games without a problem though i dont see there being a problem there.

Been a while since i played Fable 3 but have you checked in Fable 3's menus that there arent any settings in there that are preventing it?

Jinnox

Reaction score
I've set everything in the Fable 3 options to be as open/public as possible, except for allowing people to enter my game without my consent. I could try changing that to see if it's messing up outbound requests or something.

Another thought I've had is that it could just be my Internet itself. I live in BFE, so my connection isn't always stable. For example, sometimes I'll be randomly kicked from my friend's party and be unable to rejoin until a few hours later.

What confuses me is that people were able to join my games when I first started playing, but now I'm completely secluded in the Fable world even though I hadn't changed a thing. Also, I've found nothing on Google of other people having this issue.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've set everything in the Fable 3 options to be as open/public as possible, except for allowing people to enter my game without my consent. I could try changing that to see if it's messing up outbound requests or something.

Another thought I've had is that it could just be my Internet itself. I live in BFE, so my connection isn't always stable. For example, sometimes I'll be randomly kicked from my friend's party and be unable to rejoin until a few hours later.

What confuses me is that people were able to join my games when I first started playing, but now I'm completely secluded in the Fable world even though I hadn't changed a thing. Also, I've found nothing on Google of other people having this issue.

Its definitely a strange one but something isnt syncing up somewhere and causing the issue. If all else fails you could contact Lionhead Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.