• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox360 - Fable II Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devvnn Z Wizard

I Game, Therefore I am.
Reaction score
Xbox360 - Fable II Problems

ok, so i bought an Xbox360 Arcade, but the first time i try to use it, i get the flashing 3 Red Rings, i was just wondering what system everyone else is using, originally i thought it was because of my Fable 2, but it turns out its a hardware problem... is there anyway to fix it other than waiting 2-3 weeks?

W

Wolfie

Re: Xbox360 - Fable II Problems

Does it have the same problem with other games?
I'm pretty sure there's not much you can do to fix Rrod...

Devvnn Z Wizard

I Game, Therefore I am.
Reaction score

ok, ive been messing with it, i tried leaving it off for like 15 minutes then trying again, no dice, turns out, disc, no disc, it just keeps blinking, over and over and over and over 0.0 mocking me...

Kewl Munky

Reaction score

If you have warranty for it, send it in. The methods of fixing it usually involve voiding your warranty.

Devvnn Z Wizard

I Game, Therefore I am.
Reaction score

ah, i see. i know they say 2-3 weeks, but please tell me that isnt like a super realistic number? have there been replacements sent out sooner than that? I just freaking bought the thing, have they figured out what causes the red ring of death? i know its hardware related, but i wish they could freaking pinpoint it already

Kewl Munky

Reaction score

When they first came out it took about a week, then when the mass spread of it occured it took at least a month. I'm pretty sure 2-3 weeks is about right, depending on how many people are sending in their consoles at the time.

The cause is a hardware issue where it overheats. A main problem is that they built it cheap. The heatsink on the motherboard's chipset is easily melted out of place, and that causes most rings of death.

Devvnn Z Wizard

I Game, Therefore I am.
Reaction score

well here was my plan, save a few bucks, buy the Arcade version. i was originally shooting for the Elite, which is definitely what im going to buy once i have the money... im tired of settling for cheap crap... i might as well send this one in and have them replace it while i save up some money, im just gonna buy elite, this blows but its whatever.

Sokrias

Reaction score

Mine took about 5 Days. I was very happy, as you may imagine. Like you said, if you want the elite, save up for one. As for the RRoD'd 360, either have a spare 360 or sell it on to a friend.

Devvnn Z Wizard

I Game, Therefore I am.
Reaction score

i took it back to walmart >:) let THEM handle the problem! i got some people to lend me like 10 bucks, i have 375 built up now, if i can scrape 30 bucks together, my step dad has a 10% discount, so minus 8% tax, i save like 8 bucks lol, so 191.97 ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.