• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yet another fable 4 ideas list.(Warning long post)

SGamer

Reaction score
First of all as said in the title, this is going a long post so if you hate long posts don't read it.

Magic System - Will
While I like the idea of combination magic, the gauntlets are unnecessary.
( Look at I'm a great powerful archmage........ who has to use magic gauntlets .....)
Second, why does every spell have to a directed and a aoe version its redundant people.
Also combo spells should combine not just two spells but make a whole new one, or atleast make it so the effects contrast each other better.
Spells
Lightning - good idea, though that fact that most enemies get stun by it is ridiculous, make some immune to the stunning.
Fireball - Generic Brand Fireball, Now comes with bigger explosions! I can't remeber, but does fireball actually set them on fire, if it doesn't it needs to.
Ice Spell - This should be something they should add, e.g. fire icicles at monsters with chance of freezing their feet, they can still attack just not move.
Blades - Ok, so I summon three blades of light, that stab you and.. the enemies keeps getting closer, not to mention the fact of them smashing into the scenery, change them back to ghost swords from Fable TLC.
Force Push - Skyrim or Star Wars you choose, why this is nice it does kind of seem like cheating and I'm not sure it fits the theme. Remodel??
Raise Dead - While nice, could be better maybe its targetable and summon a skeleton version of the "dead guy" you fire at. Also not change unless you fire off another shot at a different "dead guy"
Chaos/Turncoat - Meh didnt use this enough to talk about it. The idea is nice though too me it seems a little annoying.
Time Control - Keep it but maybe make it not timed but slowly drain health, e.g. aging? Also remove Assasin's Rush from it..
(Side note: why did speeding time up make my character go through the enemy?)
Assasin Rush - One of my favourite spells the go through enemy effect from above make more sense if it like assasin backstabbing someone.
Berserk - Bring it back. I really like the idea that when you wanted to you could go Hulk on the enemy.
Divine Fury/Infernal Wrath - Combine into one spell that changes depending on your morality.
Transform Dog? - (Should add this) Transforms dog into balverine or other super-powered version of itself temporarily.
There a few more spells but I'm sick of talking about them.
Pet System
Nice idea, poorly implemented. Things that could be added changed : More pets, More types of one pet e.g. breeds of dog, and bigger morality change e.g. evil hero's dog goes pitch black and glow red eyes and starts breathing fire...
Maybe could switch pets through an item or spell?
Melee System - Strength
Change back to system of Fable TLC, I don't want to not be able to blocked simply because I haven't bothered to learn how.
Ranged System - Skill
Basically same as above except skill instead of strength and aiming instead if blocking.
Also some enemies that can block gun fire would be nice. Could also take out guns entirely..
World
One .Make it less steampunk and more fantasy.Two.Either more open or at least larger corridors.
Three. Put in every world from the games. e.g. aurora, frozen wastes, normal albion, old albion(in ruins?)
Monsters/Npcs
Bring back some of the older ones e.g. the fairies, the minions, trolls of different types and think up some new ones.
Also why are their so many bandits, like 50 bandits to 1 of some of the other monsters...
Why is every npc so freaking the same, try to flesh out their personality abit.
UI
Sanctuary - Nice idea, BIG flop, I don't want to have to change screen just to change weapons..
Jobs
Nice idea again, but maybe make them more fun and less depending if you clicked the button fast enough..
Other Ideas
  • Bring back the rpg
  • Better house managaing system e.g. able to repair, renovate and buy from the map
  • Put names for the buildings on the map and have a you are here object.
  • Ditch the breadcrumb trail and give us a minimap
  • More gold from killing monsters
  • More side quests/better side quest e.g. Monster Hunter ones for a bounty?
  • Give a choice to which expression to use again.
This is all if can think of at this point and time, Thanks you for reading and hopefully not falling asleep.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
1. I like the breadcrum trail; it's a lazy and thoughtfree way to navigate which suits me.
2. Trolls are extict in Albion unfortunately thanks to Lagan and unless there's a sand troll in Aurora or Samarkhand, I doubt we'll see more.
3. They most likely removed some of the fantasy monsters to show how the modernised world is pushing them out. I don't think they want a fantasy RPG :/
4. Who needs money from killing if there are jobs and an economy for trading?
5.I doubt they'll remove guns since they are still advancing in the timeline unless there is another dark age.
6. So you'd like an RPG but don't want to waste time learning abilities?

But other than that, those are great ideas :)
I especially like the "Transform Dog" spell though there is a very limited amount of things it could transform into.. "GoGoDoggy Jackala!!"... "GoGoDoggy Balverine!!"
I'd love to see all the regions of albion but maybe it's too ambitious.. It's not likely for th main plotline to take you all over albion anyways but i'd still like to see how the landscape/townscape has changed.
The expression system was almost completely abolished and i agree, it needs to come back.

Sharktooth

Reaction score
1. I like the breadcrum trail; it's a lazy and thoughtfree way to navigate which suits me.
2. Trolls are extict in Albion unfortunately thanks to Lagan and unless there's a sand troll in Aurora or Samarkhand, I doubt we'll see more.
3. They most likely removed some of the fantasy monsters to show how the modernised world is pushing them out. I don't think they want a fantasy RPG :/
4. Who needs money from killing if there are jobs and an economy for trading?
5.I doubt they'll remove guns since they are still advancing in the timeline unless there is another dark age.
6. So you'd like an RPG but don't want to waste time learning abilities?

But other than that, those are great ideas :)
I especially like the "Transform Dog" spell though there is a very limited amount of things it could transform into.. "GoGoDoggy Jackala!!"... "GoGoDoggy Balverine!!"
I'd love to see all the regions of albion but maybe it's too ambitious.. It's not likely for th main plotline to take you all over albion anyways but i'd still like to see how the landscape/townscape has changed.
The expression system was almost completely abolished and i agree, it needs to come back.
Well, Looking at what you were saying I don't think they have to keep going FORWARD theres been a TON of games that bring you back in time, so it could bring you back to the time of dragons or something

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
You know, by how quiet Lionhead has become, I don't think they're even working on Fable IV now... Unless you count smoking crack and lying around all day playing modified versions of Fable III is counted as work.

Allcoes

Reaction score
I have to say I miss the fable 1 scaring and the more you use magic you started to get the arcane cracks?
And the way you stole things was better in fable 1 had to take your time doing it.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Well, Looking at what you were saying I don't think they have to keep going FORWARD theres been a TON of games that bring you back in time, so it could bring you back to the time of dragons or something
There's far too many loose ends though. Albion is either destroyed or is under the rule of a tyrant and the Hero Of Brightwall along with the remnants of his army are stuck in Samarkand.