• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your own Legendary Weapon!

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Your own Legendary Weapon!

I managed to alter the damage of a weapon, saved the mod and ran fable and it worked. after that every time I attempt a mod I get an error message and I continue and the mods dont take effect. answeres please?

here is the message

errormessage.jpg

I am a n00b trying to get into modding :( help me please.

jwc2200

Reaction score

I think you should try is, after you open an item, be it object or creature, once you have changed the value you want to change, apply changes, then close that item using the x in the corner. I have found that I get errors in FE any time I open more that 4 items. So change them, then close them before opening another.
Good luck,
Jason

Dentie

Reaction score

TJ Griffin;284154 said:
I managed to alter the damage of a weapon, saved the mod and ran fable and it worked. after that every time I attempt a mod I get an error message and I continue and the mods dont take effect. answeres please?

here is the message

errormessage.jpg

I am a n00b trying to get into modding :( help me please.

i had this at first too lol it was annoying jsut do as JWC told close the things you had opened and it will do normal

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

JohnDoe;284226 said:
Access denied is almost always Vista-specific.

Iv been having problems with needing administor permission on lots of things. I am the only user of my computer, how can I take over as administor for things? please explain so a braindead baby can understand.

edit: never mind, all I have to do is intead of just opening FE, I have to right click it and click "run as administrator". >.<

you have no idea how many of my problems this fixes.

edit agian: I dont wanna double post, here are some pics of my sword. If you notice any typeos in the discription, feel free to correct me.

moddedsword1.jpg

moddedsword2.jpg

note: I did fix on the fith line of the discription where is reads "Lorien, after" I changed it to "Lorien. After". Like you care =p

moddedsword3.jpg

If I ever learn to re-texture I will make sure to actually make the sword say "droded is awesome". Heck, I might actually right it in elvish.

drodedisawesome.jpg

And with all you guys to help me, Im sure I will. Thanks agian.

Dentie

Reaction score

did you texture the sword yourself??

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I'm new at modding and i understood this clearly!+rep Hooray!!

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

ok here is the retextured sword. the legendary longsword "Galadriel". notice how the blade says "droded is awesome" just like it says in the discription. just befor that it also says (in elvish runes) "Galadriel sends here love to TJ Griffin".

4-14-200963418PM.jpg

Im new to modding but Im surprised how easy it really is. a lot easyer than I suspected anyway. well actually simple is the right word.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

That is possibly the greatest sword I've ever seen. Well done and +Rep. :lol:

jwc2200

Reaction score

droded;290595 said:
That is possibly the greatest sword I've ever seen. Well done and +Rep. :lol:

I'm sure there is no bias involved when you say that, is there?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

When I make the new "OBJECT", I can't find it?
Anybody know whats happening?

(I am speaking of the new weapon entry.

EDIT: NVM i got it

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

Droded, you should try making a singing sword. So far its basically a longer Bereaver with Lightning as an augument.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

JohnDoe;291410 said:
Nobody wants that stupid YouTube sword.
It isn't a singing sword, because there isn't a singing sword.
It's not a longer bereaver, it's just a bereaver, perhaps scaled up some.

Rant:
Every time I see a reference to a singing sword, I go nuts, chop down a forest using a makeshift deforesting machine made from twenty gas-guzzling chainsaws, use the wood to build a boat, find a boat motor that runs on crude and bolt it to my USS Forest Killer, speed down to the antarctic, and ram as many baby seals as I can. Then I use all the excess wood along with the boat to build a bonfire for killing children in large numbers. I use the cooked meat for food and the bones to make a sharp object that I can use to kill every panda in the world, except for one male panda, so that he can be sexually frustrated for the rest of his stupid panda life. When he dies, I make a nice coat for myself for traveling to Alaska and drilling the ice caps for oil, and push all of the polar bears into the rig and spilt oil, killing them. I use their pelts to cover a makeshift dog sled powered by little chinese boys in the nude that I use to travel around Canada and Alaska looking for moose to kill. I then take all the dead moose antlers and make fancy horns that I sell on the black market. I use the money from that to purchase the server that holds all of the forum posts and delete all references to that stupid singing sword. To call any creation a singing sword is a bastardization fueled by that flaming twit Peter Molyneax who rambles on about things that do not exist and probably has absolutely no idea what's going on during game development so he just spews out about what he wants to be in his game but says that it is already in his game. I rage at such things. My heart and mind fill with anger and hatred at such things. I'll not stand for it.
well actually i came across a post where someone made a singing sword through modding. But for sure game designers didnt make a singing sword. In fact i dont know how that rumour all started. The youtube video was just a bearaver with added augment slots filled with lightining augmentations

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Little Chinese boys, eh?!
In the nude too?!
I guess we're playing hard ball now, Doe.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Archon'sRage;275119 said:
thats cool but when i tryed to change the title it doesn't work i tryed checking multiple times but it never appeared. thanks +rep

ok? plz answer

jwc2200

Reaction score

The obvious question is: Are you clicking Apply Changes/Save Mods and Run Fable?
I just tried this and it worked fine. I can see no reason it should not work for you.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

i meant when i tried to go and change the name, nthing appeared that would let me change the name or the description.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Archon'sRage;292682 said:
i meant when i tried to go and change the name, nthing appeared that would let me change the name or the description.

Once you click, Links to “GameBINEntry” under CInventoryItemDef, you then need to click Links to (TextID). Are you not getting the FE page shown in the spoiler section of STEP 6? If not, what are you getting?

STEP 6: Click the link under TEXT_TITLE, you can change the title in the box at the bottom. Once your done click apply changes.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

i no longer am playing fableand have fabe explorer but i wanted this to et cleared up.

when i went to the thing to change the title or description there are boxes to type underneath, well i saw nothing, thats it.
but it might be the cause that i'm playing a french version of fable.

jac171

Reaction score

:':)'(these mods are awesome but i wish i had the comp version T.T:':)'(

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

^It only costs £10 or about $20