• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your own personal Body Guard

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Your own personal Body Guard

A lot of Helpful threads being made about how to mod, since I already had an explanation I thought I'd make a thread about it. :ninja:

FIRST: Open Fable Explorer and find what Creature you want. Under the Creature's list.

Copy the Code (CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_THUNDER)

SECOND: Open Albion Explorer and pick a map you would like your body guard to be on. I'll be using Lookout point. Click World Editor. and a map should come up.

THIRD: Right click on the Lookout point cross hairs. and click WIZARD

FOURTH: a new little box should pop up. Paste the code (CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_THUNDER) into Definition type. NOTE: the section you are putting it in. (game flow)

Click ok.

FIFTH: Find the section you put the body guard in (Game flow) Click the cross hairs until you find it (It's placed automatically in the top right corner of the map) Once you find it, click and move the body guard to a suitable place.

SIXTH: Click apply text changes if needed, Close the map. SAVE CHANGES when prompted. And tada insta body guard.

Once you fool around with it more, it's pretty easy to understand.

the WIZARD can be used to make wives's, Houses, teleport points, & Treasure chests

I know Albion Knight may have already explained this somewhere. But I like the screen shots I have. :ninja:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Your own personal Body Guard

Very good thread Markie and very well explained! :thumbsup: +rep

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Better explained than Mine
Anirep.GIF

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks guys. ^_^ hope it's helpful to new modders.

P

Pilgrim

Very nice, +rep. But I have one question: How can you make monster bodyguards work? When I use a summoner for a bodyguard, it sits there whistling but I can't talk to it. I tried swapping its brain for a bodyguard's, which does make it act more like a bodyguard, but I still can't talk to it. I've tried switching all sorts of values about in FE, but no dice. Thanks in advance

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Uh, you didn't need to switch it's brain lol... You just can't have more than one bodyguard in an area.

Try and spawn it somewhere else.

P

Pilgrim

I spawn it in barrow fields, it's the only bodyguard there, I think I can't talk to it because it's a monster, not a character like a hero or villager. Anyone else tried monsters?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I can hire a demon door... I'm sure you could hire a monster.

I will try once I fix my game.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

haha what happend to it?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I tried to make a chicken a weapon, and that lead to another and my game just died... I reinstalled it and it still doesn't work...

P

Pilgrim

Yes but you can talk to demon doors, the whole problem with monsters is that they aren't very talkative. There must be some value determining whether a creature can be talked to or not. I've compared bodyguards and summoners in FE but can't find where that difference lies, I've even tried differing unknown values but still no luck. It can't elude me forever though...

edit: Sorry about your game. How did you go about the chicken thing? Replacing a weapon's mesh with that of a chicken?

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

i wanna see a pic of JoB as a bodyguard scythe and twinblade

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah I posted some pics of me fighting scythe, it seems he has infinite health..

I think their in the Creatures of Albion Thread.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

droded;62311 said:
I tried to make a chicken a weapon, and that lead to another and my game just died... I reinstalled it and it still doesn't work...
Did you try uninstalling and deleting the remaining game files/folder?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Pilgrim;62303 said:
Very nice, +rep. But I have one question: How can you make monster bodyguards work?

Ahh I'm still not too sure about that. I spawned a chicken body guard once and all I could do was kick him. but you're right, Enemies are not "talk" able. there might be some answers here.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Intriguing update!!! (So i double posted, so sue me.)
So, I decided I'm going to alter my game (IE; add 50 add silver chests with New Legendary weapons in them, Add challenging enemies, Queen Scorpion & Nymph Queens, As well as some body guards in a few chosen places) As I was going through the chosen few I wanted as body guards. I came across 2 VERY VERY INTERESTING things. FIRST!

CREATURE_MONSTER_GUARD
Hmmm Monster..Guard? What is he? He's a White fricken Balverine! And he looks much bigger than normal ones. He even has a monster sounding voice. It's really cool. you can imagine how surprised I was when I saw what it was, and the voice he had. Here's some shots of him in action:

CREATURE_BS_ARMED_VILLAGER_BULLY_MALE_ADULT
Armed?..Villager?..Bully? Adult? :rolleyes: Armed, YES! Villager, YES!, Bully? YES! Adult? NOOOO He's an evil little one with a chipped obsidian cleaver to match. I'm thinking of putting him as a body guard before the wasp quest. Or something in the beginning like that. He's Quite the rugged little bugger. Shots of him in action:

Anyway, don't mind my rantings at 2:33AM in the morning,:sleep: :yawn: :yammer: Please just enjoy the shots, and maybe experience it yourself.

P

Pilgrim

Cool Find +rep.
I'd found that balverine in the CREATURE list but didn't realise he was special, it did however remind me of that old rumour that killing x amount of guards in Oakvale spawned white balverines. Now I can finally have a monster boyguard, thank you :D

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Wow that's very interesting

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Nice update Sephi +rep thats a pretty cool find.