• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your own title tutorial!

W

wtfnubzerg

Your own title tutorial!

This tutorial will show you how to edit titles (Such as Gladiator, Arseface, Chicken Chaser, etc.).

However, when villagers call you by your title, they will still say whatever the actual title was, for instance, if I changed Chicken Chaser to Soul Destroyer, they would still say Chicken Chaser.

1: Open up Fable Explorer
2: Scroll down to OBJECT (Titles are 3970-4001)
3: Double click the title, and then click once on OBJECT in the submenu.
4: Under CInventoryItemDef, click Links to (GameBinEntryID).
5: Click once on CInventoryItemDef in the submenu, under TEXT_TITLE, click "Links to (TextID): TEXT GUI HERO TITLE [whatever your title is]"
6: Look at the Content box that says your title in it, mine is Chicken Chaser. Delete whatever's in the box and change it to what you want.
7: Apply Changes, Save Mods, and Run Fable.

Thanks for reading, and hope this helps :)

Edit: Titles 3990-4000 are not purchasable in-game, and I've never even seen Scorpion Slayer. If someone could elaborate further on these that would be appreciated.

W

wtfnubzerg

Re: Your own title tutorial!

I looked at the Scorpion Slayer title and it doesn't even have a name or description. Maybe it's a dummy title or one that got removed or somethin.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

lol already knew this. Didnt want to post it.

+rep

W

wtfnubzerg

I know that, but I was basically asking if there's any way to get around the fact that some items have no description or name in-game, and when you find one of those items in FE and look at the TEXT_TITLE or TEXT_DESC, the Links to (TextID) isn't there, it's just an unclickable piece of text that says (Error finding entry).