• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Ulicus

Re: Your Story

We're all aware that there was more than one Archon right? There wasn't a "Archon(singular)", that's a misunderstanding that Albion's people have. 'Archon' was the Old Kingdom's title for their king. So said the Oracle, who also claimed to have been built by the "Third Archon", while the "First" had wrested control of the world from the Gods...

That said, I'm hoping that you always play as someone from 'the Bloodline' in the Fable series... I don't particularly want the story to revolve around that fact, I just want all my characters to have blood ties.

But first I want another Fable expansion... my Hero wants to marry Briar Rose!

Ah well, I suppose he'll make do with Lady Grey.

K

Kato Si

Ulicus said:
We're all aware that there was more than one Archon right? There wasn't a "Archon(singular)", that's a misunderstanding that Albion's people have. 'Archon' was the Old Kingdom's title for their king. So said the Oracle, who also claimed to have been built by the "Third Archon", while the "First" had wrested control of the world from the Gods...

That said, I'm hoping that you always play as someone from 'the Bloodline' in the Fable series... I don't particularly want the story to revolve around that fact, I just want all my characters to have blood ties.

But first I want another Fable expansion... my Hero wants to marry Briar Rose!

Ah well, I suppose he'll make do with Lady Grey.

I still say regardless of what you say that there was King who's name was Archon.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Ulicus said:

Actually, to let you know, the hero of Fable was of the bloodline. It talks about it many time in the game.

C

Crazyarms

He meant that in all the next Fables you are someone of the bloodline.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Oh okay, instead of having someone completely cut off from it.

And the whole deal with the Arcon name here's something that might help:

Archon's Battle Armour:

Worn by the legendary king of Archon in his youth as he led battles against all of Albion's enemies. The armour's pieces are made out of the remains of the
last Platinum Troll to walk the land before becoming extinct, and is still the
hardest substance known to man.

U

Ulicus

The legendary king *of* Archon? Hmm. Weird. Maybe the "of" shouldn't be there, or maybe they meant to say "Albion/the Old Kingdom"... I mean, I don't really trust all the descriptions in the game, Oakvale is for instance - depending on who's speaking - a "hamlet", a "village" or a "town" - and none of those things are the same.

I think the Oracle is supposed to be infallible though and he's pretty clear on there having been numerous Kings who went by the Archon title.

That said, I'm not a fan of there having been multiple Archons, I quite liked it when "Archon" was the name of one big badass king... but I also quite liked Jack not being the crazy "beyond the Gods" Force that TLC turned him into (his presence in the expansion was pretty unnecessary, could have just had a big dragon who wasn't Jack as the bad guy).

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I suppose, but you have to rememeber he was the ultimate evil that had existed for decades even before the creation of the old kingdom. Passing from one form to another, it just so happened that we had finally defeated him causing his true power to be unleashed upon our mortal selves. Of course his true form probably was lost along time ago, so he had chosen to take a form that was even greater than the gods themselves, an almighty dragon.

U

Ulicus

Seigfried said:
I suppose, but you have to rememeber he was the ultimate evil that had existed for decades even before the creation of the old kingdom. Passing from one form to another, it just so happened that we had finally defeated him causing his true power to be unleashed upon our mortal selves. Of course his true form probably was lost along time ago, so he had chosen to take a form that was even greater than the gods themselves, an almighty dragon.

Huh? I was flat out saying that *that* was my problem with it - Jack having to also be the Ultimate Evil it was an unneccessary development and somewhat nonsensical. (Btw, God > Dragon as a general rule,at least in my books ;))

Therasa: "Take the sword and you will be as powerful as Jack dreamt of being!"

A pretty clear indication that in Fable, Jack *wasn't* some super powerful ever-lasting evil - he had *aspirations* to become that, but he wasn't. Gah - thinking about it, there was quite a lot changed with the lore between Fable and TLC - the Guild was said in Fable to be a remenant of the Old Kingdom, in TLC, it says that Nostro founded it about four centuries before the events of the game. I can't really moan though, because TLC was far superior to Fable overall - minor graphical glitch issues aside.

Anywayyyyy, my current take on the situation is that Jack was the being from which the First Archon obtained the Sword of Aeons (he is Jack *of Blades* after all), probably in some Faustian pact -

I.e "I'll give you the tool with which you can wrest control of this world from the Gods IF you give me this this and this further down the line"

Naturally, Archon I had no intentions of actually giving an entity such as Jack anything - so once he'd gained control of the world for mortalkind, he locked the biznitch behind the Bronze gate.

However, Jack be nimble and Jack be quick and Jack survived through putting a portion of his essence into the soul mask and getting some dope to wear it. Obviously not as powerful as he would be in his "true glory", Jack then saught the Sword of Aeons (*his* sword), with which he would be powerful enough to release himself from behind the Bronze Gate. After the Hero 'kills' the body he's inhabiting, banishing what portion of his essence was in his mask back to the Bronze Gate, Jack tries a different strategy - manipulating the Hero into releasing him. DUN DUN DUN...

Yeah, that makes everything seem cooler.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

But you also have to think, the greatest hero that was able to defeate Jack, the greatest of evil also so easily lost to him in the end if you were to put on the mask. Kind of an oxymoron I say.

U

Ulicus

Maybe not. Jack's meant to be a spiritual being, so he could have a greater strength of will than the Hero (not the *Will*, you understand ;) ) but still be able to be beaten physically by him.

On the subject of getting taken over by Jack... anyone think we should have been given the new title of "Jack of Blades" as soon as that happened? That woud have rocked.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

That would have been cool. Legendary Knight known as Jack of Blades. By the way that's my status exept my title is Paladin.

K

kidevil

I think that there should be two storys one where you can load your file of fable of fable tlc and play in the time you missed and then another where you play as a new charecter and go from there also there should be a arena mode where you can fight your fable 2 charecter with a fable or fable tlc charecter and if you play the one where you load your old charecter it changes the game a little where the kid runs into the fable main charecter or his sister depending if you killed her or not

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I really liked the idea of loading your previous hero character and that characters final decision at the end loading either one of two possible outcomes for Albion. That would be fantastic.

If F2 was a prequel I think it would be interesting to have a side quest near the beginning of the new game which chronicled the creation or else activation of the demon doors. Or even as you progress through the game you meet characters who die and whose souls are placed inside the demon doors- it could also be interesting to merge this with the aspect of alignment. For example you meet characters whose souls are destined to be trapped in the demon doors- you choose whether or not to kill them there and then and get instant access to a demon door and its rewards or wait until further on in the game when they die of natural causes and then go and collect the silver keys.

It could also be pretty neat to play at the same time parellel to the plot in F1 only as a different unnamed hero from the guild and on a different continent of the planet. It could even pick up right after the final fight with Jack of Blades, you arrive back to the Northern Wastes and find Bryer Rose talking to your original hero character which you could load from a save game. Or it focus on the onslaught which happened in Albion while your previous Hero was battling the dragon version of JOB. Would be an interesting opener for the game- thrown into the fray as the world is about to be plunged into darkness and your hero character from the original game battles to save it while your new hero character keeps the calm back around Greatwood or some of the focus sites.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Nice idea with the demon door suggestion, i like that :)

J

JackofBlades39

I say, make it like an upgrade, u kno, lik, so depending on ur charac. on F1, you can play on lik a difrent cont. and hear things that r going on on the orig. cont. lik, you hear wen the hero disapears(jail quest) , the end of the world(Jack gets da sword), etc. u kno same time difrent place difrent hero(grl hero plz!!)

L

Leprechaunpoo1

Seigfried said:
I agree with Kato, ths choice to choose between male or female might help. And since Fable or Fable TLC never really specified your gender, things could go with just making a few gender oriented things instead of major parts.

And telling the story of Archon and being able to see the Old Kingdom at it's true beauty would be worth it.

no cuz then u wouldnt like it cuz the makers woodnt take the time to put certian options/quotes just like fable/fable tlc they always called u hero and not wat u were like if ur bad they'd still call u hero and so on wat do u think they'll do in fable 2 if there is a M/FM option involved

kidevil said:
I think that there should be two storys one where you can load your file of fable of fable tlc and play in the time you missed and then another where you play as a new charecter and go from there also there should be a arena mode where you can fight your fable 2 charecter with a fable or fable tlc charecter and if you play the one where you load your old charecter it changes the game a little where the kid runs into the fable main charecter or his sister depending if you killed her or not
that indeed is the best idea Ive read in this thread ya ya

Merged Two Posts - Dark Drakan

L

Leprechaunpoo1

kidevil said:
that indeed is the best idea Ive read in this thread ya ya

A

alanname350

Ok well there are tons of good ideas flowing around. So, here is my take. We all know that your sis, if you let her live wanders off? Right? Well how about she goes to a distant like more tropical (I hope) land and trains heros and sort of makes a new heros guild. Also, if you killed her you should be her kid. Love child between Twinblade and your sis (EWW).

Or if you wanna go back in time, you could be the child version and then grow up as the first Archon or be the first Encarnation of Jack. Besides, if it goes against any of the oracle you can explain it away as he was made after the events, and therefor fallable.

If any of that incoherant babble made any sense then I am pumped, if not I will edit later.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

I just wish there were multiple storylines. After you complete the first one (being good or bad) you went onto another one. Hell, I dunno...it's probably too complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.