• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score
Your Weapon

The whole interveiw made me really think about the weapon canvas he mentioned. That seems like modding that millions of people can see! I love designing stuff; I'm minoring in graphic design. When you mod something and retexture it or make a new weapon, the only person that can see it is you and people who downloaded it. The thing he mentioned about making and selling your own weapons for a whole lot more people to see and experience. What do you think about this?

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Re: Your Weapon

no orbs, cant trade with other people
unless they made a new tradeing system and havent told us yet

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

The idea seems cool but if it devolopes to your alignment wouldn't everyone have the same weapon in the end?

There'd only be like 2 different weapons, good and evil, unless it changes to your fighting style and the majority of the weapons would be rapidly hitting A.
I'm not counting the possibilities of different weapons because im assuming they won't be to different from each other.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Aions;363037 said:
no orbs, cant trade with other people
unless they made a new tradeing system and havent told us yet

They did mention a trading system.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;363040 said:
They did mention a trading system.
oh sweet a new better one?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

There will be far more than just an evil version and a good version of each weapon. Obviously your alignment plays a part in what your weapon will look like, but so will other things. Your fighting style with the weapon, level of success with the weapon, and what kinds of enemies you kill with the weapon (among other things) will also determine what it looks like. You can name your weapon as well.

I personally love this idea, and it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to in Fable 3 so far.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Yeah, I just heard about this, and I think it's a fantastic idea. However, I do hope they don't cut out the different weapon tiers and legendary weapons... those are always fun.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;363101 said:
Yeah, I just heard about this, and I think it's a fantastic idea. However, I do hope they don't cut out the different weapon tiers and legendary weapons... those are always fun.

this is interesting. so do you think that
A) every time you upgrade to a new weapon the alignment and design will reset?
B) will it adapt to the new weapons size and weight?
C) will legendary weapons morph as well? that is, if their are any...

i wonder...

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

Just keep in mind that Peter Molynuex has been proven to lie alot and unable to fulfill claims he made. The weapon idea seems amzaing but will it really be all that Peter said it will be?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Relinquished Reality;363143 said:
Just keep in mind that Peter Molynuex has been proven to lie alot and unable to fulfill claims he made. The weapon idea seems amzaing but will it really be all that Peter said it will be?

I think he has learnt from his mistakes. The way he was going on about a lot of things in the interview, made me feel that if he broke his promise - he would probably feel really upset. He seems really emotional when it comes to Fable.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;363147 said:
I think he has learnt from his mistakes. The way he was going on about a lot of things in the interview, made me feel that if he broke his promise - he would probably feel really upset. He seems really emotional when it comes to Fable.

he can'thelp it, he gets excited. if every game designer revealed as much about their hot new titles while they were in production, i'm sure that we would see the same thing.

there are always setbacks... it's unfortunate, but pm is human. we love him to death and he does his best to be good to us. :)

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Relinquished Reality;363143 said:

Considering that the current gameplay videos show this system in action (to a point, mind you), I believe it's safe to say that it's going to happen.

cheezMcNASTY;363121 said:
this is interesting. so do you think that
A) every time you upgrade to a new weapon the alignment and design will reset?
B) will it adapt to the new weapons size and weight?
C) will legendary weapons morph as well? that is, if their are any...

i wonder...

I'm inclined to believe that different weapons would reset after you buy them, starting the process over again. This allows you to, say, create more and more interesting weapons.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;363202 said:
Considering that the current gameplay videos show this system in action (to a point, mind you), I believe it's safe to say that it's going to happen.

The weapon changing system? How so? I saw nothing of the sort.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;363202 said:

With Fable II, he showed what was presumably gameplay footage of a guy swinging on a chandelier, kicking an enemy. I have yet to see that in my copy.

Besides, it doesn't show it. It shows pictures of swords, and swords in combat, and he describes it, but we don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.