• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Z-Day: Begginings 1

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Z-Day: Begginings 1

This was a joint operation between me and Ruuku over msn, he did most of it, for I am lazy :p The blue sections are his work, the red is mine
WARNING: Contains ciggarette usage, strong language and several parody quotes from the Evil Dead movie series... ENJOY!

The sun was setting on the sleepy town of Harogondem, I pulled the bronze cigarette case out of my jacket pocket and played around with it for a little while. I stood by my pretty plain, pretty boring 1985 Sadan turbo, it's light red paint job had pretty much faded to a dark stomach churning brown, most of the paint had peeled off years ago anyhow. The grill was infested with rust and the steering wheel was held on with duck tape, it wasn't much of a car, but it was my car got me from A to B, working as the manager at Quick stop that's all i really need. I stop playing with the cigarrete case and pulled out the middle cig, placing it in my mouth i placed the cigarette case back in my pocket and pulled out a lighter, as the sparks came flying off the flint they practicaly lit up the street corner at which quick stop was located on. When the cig finaly lit i gave a sigh of releife. "sweeet nicatine releif" i thought to myself as i took another drag. I stared up into the sky and gazed at the many stars peircing the dark vale of night, you don't see stars like this anymore, not in the city anyhow, I took one final drag from my cigarette and dropped it too the floor when i heard a rather loud moan.
I turned towards the direction the moan came from, I saw nothing, across the street? Nothing aswell, I mingled on over back to work, supervising employees and all that jazz. "Hows it hangin Lucas?" Johnny said from across the counter "****ty as hell." I replied hoping that would shut his hole, I didn't feel liek dealing with him tonight, it was stressful enough, I walked behind the counter cool like, sneaking a coke on the way across The counter "get to work." I said.
I turned around and sneaked a pack of 20 marolbara cigarettes into my jacket pocket, turned back around and took a sip of my coke, it was quiet during the night shifts, nothing really happened, the ocasional late night customer buying cigs, or the stoners buying papers. I lent back and started to fall asleep, it must have been 20 minutes when i was woken up by an elderly women hitting me with her walking stick, "ouch what the hell you crazy bitch!" i shouted at the old crow who then started hitting me harder with the damn walking stick, "Get the **** out of the shop you bitch! you're ****ing well barred!!" the women continued to hit me with the walking stick so i grabbed it out of her arms and snapped it in half. I picked up this weeks karrange magazine and was about to read it when the elderly women came in with a rather large man behin her, it was her grandson, he opened the hatched and came at me, i dogded his first punch an got a sly jab in when the old women caught me unawares with the good half of the walking stick, the bitch broke my nose! as the blood poured from my face, covering my uniform in blood the man pulled back his arm to hit me one more time when i noticed somthing strange, I man came hobbling into the store and grabbed the old women, the granson turned to face his grandmother which is when i kicked him in the balls, he fell to the ground and began to welp in pain. I decided to see what was happening with the old women, she was on the floor being held down by the man who had hobbled in the store not five minutes ago, my first thought was rape but then i saw blood gushing from her neck, I panicked and grabbed half of the walking stick, thrusting it through the guys skull, i ran up and locked the door...
Things fell apart quickly, I ran in the back room, "What the **** Johnny?!" I yelled "Why didn't you help" He was speachless, looking out the window he finally replied "Dude, you gotta see this ****." I popped my head out and saw seven or eight stumbling people covered in puss walking towards the shop "What the hell?" I asked "Zombies." Johnny said "What? This aint no Sci-fi film!" "Apparantly it is." he replied, I mulled this over in my head, "What are we gonna do?" I asked, "Bar the window, close the back door , lock and block it" 'Okay' I thought I grabbed some boxes and boards and started covering the door.
As i covered the door i could here the insesant moaning coming from outside, it was enough to drive me insane. "Is it secure?" asked Johnny.
"oh yeah seems that way for now." I told him while reaching for the storage key in my front pocket.
I made my way down the small corridor which led to the storage room, the corridor was poorly lit and had cracks in the walls. I reached for the door and opened it, inside were all manner of things, weapons, food, supplies and best yet, a shotgun! The owner of the shop had given it to us incase of a robbery I smiled lightly as i began to load the shotgun, "I'm never gonna get another chance to say it" i thought to myself as i was about to cock the gun, I through cation to wind and cocked "groovy" i said as i made my way back up to the shop floor. I opened the second entrance to the main shop, the man from earlier had got to feet and was crying over his dead grandmothers body, I made my way to him, hoping to comfort him, he looked at me with a murderouse gaze so i decided against that. I decided to have another cig, i pulled out the packet i had stolen earlier and lit the cig and took a long drag. A couple of minutes passed,
I got bored waiting for the granny to get up, if Zombies were real anyway she would... Her grandson had calmed down, we both knew what was going down, Johnny was in the back room, "Billy" thats what he said his name was. It wasn't but a minute after he told me it the old crow jumped up and ripped his throat out "Alright you undead bitch!" I yelled, mostly to empower myself, she looked up "This is my, BOOMSTICK!!" I blew her brains out, the kick knocked me back, and I partly shattered the front glass doors, I ran in the back and locked the door, and covered it like I did the first one. It was just me and Johnny now, against a horde of braincases... We started to wait out the horde, we played poker at first, then war, "Johnny," I said "If we dont make it out of this, your being promoted to assisstant manager" we played cards for a couple of hours, when I offered Johnny a cig. "Sorry I don't smoke" Said Jhonny
I glared at him then lit my own and went too look out the window.
"How bad is it?" asked Johnny nervously.
"Well, d'you remember that time when we were drunk and you said and I quote, 'If we are ever in a situation were the chances of both of us surviving is impossible, i will sacrafice myself so you can live,?' remember that?" I asked.
"No I don't" said Johnny, he was gettin angry.
"Well I do, now get out there and get eaten so i can get to the car"
"wait the car! thats it we can both survive this!!"
"But i said you should sacrafice yourself"
"whats with you man, your as bad as those things."
"Good or Bad I'm the one with the gun."
just i was about to push Johnny to his doom the front door shattered to peices as zombies piled through it, I grabbed the shotgun and starting blowing the sons of a bitches away.
"Quick, out the window!" I shouted, as Johnny climbed out I kept the freaks at bay "Yeah you like that, have some of this" I swear i saw my Girlfriend and I could of sworn I heard her say "You found me beautiful once", so i just shouted, "but now you is Reeeeeal ugly" and blew her face off. Once Johnny was outside I made my way through the window too, we ran to the car and I drop kicked a zombie and hopped in the drivers seat, I wound the window down as i was acustomed too and a zombie bit my hand.
" SON OF A BITCH" I creid out, Jhonny looked at me and revealed an axe, without thinking twice he chopped my hand off, "WHAT THE ****" I passed out.
When I awoke, the first thing I saw was the stump that was my wrist, Johnny had wrapped it in bandaging "What the **** was that about!" I yelled and grabbed him with my good hand "I stopped your infection!" He cried, we were just about outside city limits "Why are we going out of town?" I asked "They are all over town." He replied crying, I turned on the radio "... we repeat there is a threat of international emerge-" I turned the channel "Screw that!" Korn now blared through the speakers, "Turn it back!" Johnny yelled, "Fine, geez." I changed it back "... All citizens in the Harogondom area should evacuate immediately. Scientists deny te possibility of chemishal warfare or nuclear mutation, the most common based theory is an advance Rabies virus. Though religious extremists exclaim that they are the risen dead. this is Angelica Coleman with WWN news signing off..." I switched off the radio and we drove in silence, as soon as we exited the city BAM! Our car got sideswiped, skidding off the road we got rammed into a treee, next thing me and Johnny knew what was happening we were dragged out by our hair "Get down, on the ground NOW!" we didn't get on the ground, we were thrown down! I assumed it was the military, I looked up and saw a man in a biohazzard suit staring down at me, he brought forth a pistol and aimed it at me I felt cold...

We hope you enjoyed it!

Ryu hayabusa

Assassin
Reaction score
Re: Z-Day: Begginings 1

Wow very good a little miss spelled words but idc really. But man bravo write more lol

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^K! Also if you look back you will find like 8 other Z-Day ones, but they are all by me, and Ruuku has some old ones in there aswell!

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

This was pretty damn fun to write lol, glad you liked it ryu :p