• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Z-Day Prequel

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Z-Day Prequel

"They came from the forest, around fifty or sixty of them. We had no idea what was happening, earlier that day me, Jimmy and Alyx set up a search party for our friend Luke. Luke had been missing for about thirty hours when we set out for him, we figured his hunting trip was running late, little did we know. The party consisted of ten people: Me, Jimmy, Alyx, George, Edward, James, Dane, Daniel, Michael and Aaron. We set out at about noon 'You think we will find him?' Alyx asked 'After all the forest is pretty big.' 'We will, I know we will." replied Michael, "And he will return safely to his Lindsay." "Yeah..." said Edward "We gotta find him, remember be careful.' We were equiped well. Me, Edward, George and James all had 9mm Colt pistols and 12gauge shotguns, Jimmy, Alyx, Dane, Michael and Aaron all had .357 magnums and various rifles, Daniel had a .44 Smith & Wesson magnum and a semi-automatic AK-47. We were riding in two vans towards the forest, we stopped right outside the tree line and split up into two; five man teams: Me, Alyx, Daniel, Dane and Michael were Red Squadron, I was the leader. Blue Squadron was: Jimmy, Edward, George, James and Aaron with Aaron as leader. We moved seperately into the forest, moving cautiously calling for Luke, about ten minutes in we were almost attacked by a bear, but it lost interest and walked away. We searched constantly checking in with Blue Squadron every hour, and taking a fifteen minute break every two hours. After about six hours of searching we found his watch, stained with blood, we reported it. Now we needed to find the body 'Damn it!' Dane yelled, 'I really thought we would find him alive.' 'Dont worry,' I said 'maybe he is still alive, and just badly hurt.' we set out a bit further, and saw a cabin, we checked it, he wasn't there, though it looked as though someone had been recently. Thats when we heard it, a low growl, we raised our guns, looking for the possible threat. And we saw Luke stumbling towards us, in a half-run half-jog speed, 'Hey Luke man! You okay?' I yelled, he was about thirty feet from us, he kept half-walking towards us growling, "Crap, I think hes got rabies." me Jimmy and Michael rushed him, grabbing his arms and legs. We thought he just had rabies, maybe we could cure it, and thats what we told Aaron, but then we saw his wounds, he shouldnt even be alive. BANG! Daniel shot Luke, BANG! A second time, 'What the Hell!' we all yelled and tackled Daniel 'Why did you do that?' we had him on the ground pinned, 'He was a Zombie!' he replied 'You idiot! Zombies arent real!' Jimmy said, "Didn't you see his wounds? He should have been dead by now, on top of his strength and growling!" we were shocked, had this childrens nightmare came to fruition? It had, but we still questioned it at the time, then we heard Aaron crack on the radio 'Hey Mac!' he called for me 'What?' 'We are being attacked, some people with rabies or something! meet us at the vans, is Luke still with you?' we told him the truth 'Aaron, Luke was a Zombie, so are those people who attacked you.' He sounded shocked, 'You're kidding?' 'No. Its true.' Alright, meet you at the vans.' before the radio clicked off we heard him breaking down. We jogged back to the vans for two hours and heard many more growls, now my story meets up with the beggining. Jimmy was the first to spot one 'On the hill!' he screamed and shot, then we saw about twenty more 'Screw this, run to the cars!' we began moving to the north, to the cars, hearing a few growls occasionly, the Zombies were about 150 yards behind us it sounded, Jimmy tripped and lost his gun, we picked him up and ran to the car. We kept running, we passed the tree line, in front of the cars we saw Blue team or at least three f them there, all of them growling and bloody, we paused 'No, no no this just doesnt happen man.' Alyx said 'What the Hell man? What the Hell?' 'Get ahold of yourself Alyx!' Daniel barked we reluctantly opened fire on them, and heard the ones behind us, 100 yards behind us. We looked for the keys, Aaron had the one vehicles, and Edward the other, they werent in the group we shot down, I broke the window open and unlocked it, Jimmy began hotwiring it. We turned towards the forest and saw the Zombies come across the clearing, and we all opened fire, there must have been sixty or seventy, by the time most of us had to reload we only killed nine. Jimmy screamed, we looked behind us we was being attacked, Daniel shot it off him since he was the best aim, we returned fire on the Zombies. Almost out os ammo we had downed fifteen, Daniel still had two clips, I had twelve shells and Mishael had eight shots. The car started 'Go! Go! Go!' he yelled, we all jumped in, Jimmy got in the back seat with the others, I drove us out of there, but not before hitting a few of those monsters.about an hour into the drive Jimmy fell asleep, ten minutes later he woke up and growled, Dane shot him, knowing he was infected. We got to Lindsays house and told her the whole thing, Aaron and Edward never showed."
Thats what Witness 51: Mitchel Hobtare told FBI Agents, later that day he tragically died when his house caught fire, along with the other survivors of Z-Incident 14, the forest was swept clean of Zulu and all evidence burned in a factory.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Z-Day Prequel

It was good, but like it felt a bit jumpy from one new detail to another. The flood was better, but still nice work >_<

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Z-Day Prequel

^ty :)