• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Z-Day

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Z-Day

This is the story of Z-day. For those of you who dont know: It was not one day, but three it started on April 12th 2010: on the first day the dead rose, scientists suspect that there were seven thousand Zombies when it first started, then by the end of the first day there were sixteen thousand. By the second day the Military began a retalliation against the Z in the infected countries: America, China, Germany, England and Brazil. On the third day the Zombies were ahnilated to the point that the UN gave a world wide green-light, though occasional Z would be found they were easily taken out by the UN in secret just like before the incident. in the following pages is my interview with eight soldiers who survived the Z-day incident.

"I sat in the bunker eyes closed hoping that it was just a bad dream." He hadnt even sat down yet and he was starting the interview for me. "Hoping waiting for someone to wake me up, thats when the call came in: 'This is HES Headquarters, come in outpost 7.' I hopped up and grabbed the radio." I offered a water, he shakes his head, "Go on." I said "So I picked up the radio 'This is Sergeant Hekson' I said to 'em 'This is HES Headquaters you have Z coming in big time!' 'How many?' I asked 'At least two hundred!' 'Okay thanks for the heads up.' I hung up and ran to the local radio 'We got Zed coming in big time! Load your weapons and be ready to empty 'em' I said. The trenches scrambled to life, with the Liuteneant dead I was in command of thirty-five scared Marines, the only men trained to deal with this were seven soldiers from the 'Hazzardous Envirement Squad' clever," He laughed to himself as if it was a private joke. "that name was used to cover them up as a waste disposal service, when in truth they hunted the Zombies with us." He pauses biting his lip, "I'll take that water now if'en you dont mind." he said, after passing him the water he sips it then places it down next to him. "So," He said. "I went out to comfort my men, and boy did they need it: Joey was shakin in his boots, so was Mikey. the Corporal," He pauses for a second. "damn, why cant I remember the poor fella's name? Anyway he gave me a report: two maybe three hundred Zombies about eight miles away, 'just over the hill' I thought to myself, you see there was this small hill about two miles ahead, it was twenty maybe thirty feet high. I was surprised that nobody had desserted us yet," He giggled again. "I guess they thought it would be easier to survive in a goup. Well I walked through the trench, my men were scared yet firm, the HES troops were locked and loaded and looked firm, it was almost scary that they could be this calm. Then we heard it: the first Z, you cant imagine how eerie it is to hear the dead moan, or how odd it is that it could carry for so far they had at least two miles to go, peopel say Z cant run, oh they are wrong, once a Zed catches the smell of flesh it goes full thrust runnin on to it. that is until they hit the top of the hill, some ran down some rolled down but they were all getting closer, 'Open fire!' I yelled, some had M16s, some had MP5s or P90s, the HES all had M4s and two UZIs, and they all had 9mm Glocks." "So you felt powerful with all this firepower?" I asked, he smiled "Yes on top of my own customised DEagle I felt safe, I was sure we would survive. But you have no idea how disgusting it was: blood and pus flying everywhere, shooting the shins off of a Z just to see it crawl to you, it was scary still. I guess you could say that since 'When Hell is full the dead shall rise' we gathered them up and shoved 'em up Satans ass and said 'Take 'em anyway!'" He laughs for several seconds. "They... they were now maybe thirty meters from us, I would guess about sixty Z dead 'Retreat plan alpha!' I yelled: everyone slowly backed up shooting as they did." He took a sip of water, "Didnt you have any grenades?" I asked. "No," He replied. " we used them up on the way to the position, and we were about half out of ammo before we even got their, thats when it fell apart, a few broke line, and some ran out of ammo.Panic took hold of most of the men, even me," He paused and bit his lip, as if it was shameful to him. "so I called out 'Were all dead run for it!' we all broke line and ran back the way we came, towards LA, I heard screams, terrible screams behind me I saw the Corporal yell out for me, I turned around to find him maybe three feet behind me with one of those monsters on him." He seems to be getting angry at himself. "I pulled my pistol out and killed it, I sahot it twice in the head and the Corporal followed me, I should have stayed; like the HES: they stayed with the men who decided to engage in hand-to-hand combat, the fools stayed and died yet the HES drew out something I hadnt noticed before: they had short swords, it didnt help for too long. We ran away from there fighting as we went, after maybe four miles of retreat the Z army was down to twenty or so, so we finished 'em off." He sighs, and a frown tuggs at his face "And yet... only six of us amde it: two HES, Joey, me, Jackson and Corporal, aha! I remember his name now: Frankton... and the rest? The rest is classified." "So thats it?" I asked "Thats all I can tell you." he said, then he sighed he raised his hand, I greeted and we shook, "Hope this helps your book." he said enthusiasticaly "Thanks, and I am so sorry that all of that happened to you, there should be a medal given to every soldier who fought through Z day." I replied, with that he left

TY for inspiration from Max Brooks' "World War Z" book, more parts on the way :)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Z-Day

Wasn't Z-day the name for that Zombie day in Sean of the Dead?

I still got to read all that, too long for this late. :wacko:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

lol idk

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Its SHAUN OF THE DEAD! Gosh! Not Sean of The Dead!

... Never Insult such a Good Movie ever again! haha

BUT

VERY NICE!

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

ty :)