• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Peter were around today.....

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
With all the controversy surrounding Cyberpunk right now I can't help but think back to the good ole days of Peter blowing smoke up his own ass pre release

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Even Peter Molyneux couldn’t pull off the same clusterf*ck that Cyberpunk is.

Also... welcome back. *squints*

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Even Peter Molyneux couldn’t pull off the same clusterf*ck that Cyberpunk is.

Also... welcome back. *squints*
Thanke. Who am? Is le name change or my memory vere bayde

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Thanke. Who am? Is le name change or my memory vere bayde
This is just beautiful... I'm going to let you figure out who it is. It's no fun if you just get told straight away.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
C663-B90-A-B522-4-EA0-8-E8-B-FB62-B51-DBAC7.gif

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Hey, even I don't know who that is so it's alright.

JohnDoe

Reaction score
James! Hi.

Games can disappoint for any number of reasons.

Fable games disappointed because, paired with Mr. Molyneux's embellishments, many people in the fandom superimposed what they hoped for onto what they expected and were left feeling a kind of way after that. I'm guilty of it too. Fable releases were playable products though. It wasn't like Skyrim where you bought it, installed it, waited for an update and then played it.

Cyberpunk's rollout wasn't just disastrous. It was a cascading catastrophic failure broadcast to the entire world. A game in development that long doesn't have an excuse to be so atrociously broken. Development started in a time when the One Ring could have been destroyed and wasn't. Hyped up by John Wick. Based on beloved classics. Release dates had been pushed repeatedly so that the end product could be something good. This sets the expectation that the end product would be something good. It was not. Not just a bad (by some accounts) game, but broken (by most accounts). An incredible show, for sure.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
James! Hi.

Games can disappoint for any number of reasons.

Fable games disappointed because, paired with Mr. Molyneux's embellishments, many people in the fandom superimposed what they hoped for onto what they expected and were left feeling a kind of way after that. I'm guilty of it too. Fable releases were playable products though. It wasn't like Skyrim where you bought it, installed it, waited for an update and then played it.

Cyberpunk's rollout wasn't just disastrous. It was a cascading catastrophic failure broadcast to the entire world. A game in development that long doesn't have an excuse to be so atrociously broken. Development started in a time when the One Ring could have been destroyed and wasn't. Hyped up by John Wick. Based on beloved classics. Release dates had been pushed repeatedly so that the end product could be something good. This sets the expectation that the end product would be something good. It was not. Not just a bad (by some accounts) game, but broken (by most accounts). An incredible show, for sure.
From what I heard it wasn't even in development that long. It was just announced a long time ago. I haven't played it yet, but I've heard good things from pc and ps5 players. I just feel like people are way quick to cancel everything now.

This is just beautiful... I'm going to let you figure out who it is. It's no fun if you just get told straight away.
I pop up once every eternity. It won't happen. Obviously they important cuz the badge.

I was watching some old fable mod stuff on YouTube and came to check this place out because I had heard there was a new fable game a while ago and then nothing was being said about it as far as I could see.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I pop up once every eternity. It won't happen. Obviously they important cuz the badge.
Boo Lloyd!

Ok, I'll give you a clue. She's a royal disco dancer

c4rbs

Reaction score
i miss Molyneux on Microsoft