• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A little help from a hero?

Reaction score
Hey! I'm new to the forum's, however I've loved this game since the original came out. I'm looking to see if anyone has any really good reference photos, or ideas on how to make the Dark Plate Armour. I would be very very appreciative of any help, thank you in advance :)
Ps. I will post update pics as I make the cosplay.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I think for images, it's worth using the regular plate mail suit of armour as a reference for detail because it's a clearer image with the colours being lighter. The dark version is just the same with deep reds and blacks, but harder to check out the design.

What materials are you thinking of working with?

Reaction score
I think for images, it's worth using the regular plate mail suit of armour as a reference for detail because it's a clearer image with the colours being lighter. The dark version is just the same with deep reds and blacks, but harder to check out the design.

What materials are you thinking of working with?
I was thinking Eva foam as many, many tutorials online for armour suggest. yes I have Been using the regular set of plate armour for referance photos, they are much easier to see the designs of.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Nice!

Looking at the armour, the pauldrons might be the trickiest part but eva is easy enough to work with so shaping and cutting will just be time consuming rather than difficult.

Have you got a template you've put together or are you going to try winging it with some freehand?