• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A message to Goths [That's right! We even capitilize subCultures these days!]

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: A message to Goths [That's right! We even capitilize subCultures these days!]

blimey, he don't half go on a bit...seven and half minutes to make a three second point...

J

Jack of Names

Re: A message to Goths [That's right! We even capitilize subCultures these days!]

Angel;185009 said:
blimey, he don't half go on a bit...seven and half minutes to make a three second point...
If I were to make a 30 second video saying "Hello! You look gay, you're not supposed to do that. Go kill yourself." then he'd never get the point.

F

Finch

To be honest, they both look like total clowns.

J

Jack of Names

Finch;185017 said:
To be honest, they both look like total clowns.
Lol, I made the video.
It's a statement of opinion, I could say blacks look like total clowns because of their high concentration of pigment.

F

Finch

Jack of Names;185020 said:
Lol, I made the video.
It's a statement of opinion, I could say blacks look like total clowns because of their high concentration of pigment.
OMG, I'm sorry Jack! But you were right about that makeup video. I apologize, I feel so bad right now. :blush:

I mean, you don't look bad, just alright. I'm not really used to seeing goths in my area so that's probably why.

:unsure:

J

Jack of Names

Finch;185023 said:
OMG, I'm sorry Jack! But you were right about that makeup video. I apologize, I feel so bad right now. :blush:

I mean, you don't look bad, just alright. I'm not really used to seeing goths in my area so that's probably why.

:unsure:
Hah, no worries mate.
I get it all the time, that's part of what being a punk/goth is, you never know if somebody is going say "Oh my god you're so ****ing cool!" or "Oh God, Jump off the nearest building".

;)

Also, I DID look almost like a clown that day.
With the hairdye, highlights, powder, eyeliner, eyeshadow, contacts and piercings. :p

F

Finch

I don't understand though... Is gothic like some sort of religion? I mean, I just think it's a bit odd to put on so much makeup. Wouldn't it damage your skin?

J

Jack of Names

Finch;185028 said:
I don't understand though... Is gothic like some sort of religion? I mean, I just think it's a bit odd to put on so much makeup. Wouldn't it damage your skin?
No, It's similar to being punk.

I'll give you a short explanation of goths.

We find beauty in darkness, solitary and isolated places and even death.
We hate conforming with the mainstream.
We wear black clothes, piercings, dye our hair black and put white foundation on our faces.

It's a sub-culture.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

What is the mainstream?

J

Jack of Names

Angel;185031 said:
What is the mainstream?
Mainstream is the larger public, the masses, the big crowd.
Things that are or become 'mainstream' are the things that
currently sell the most and gain the most popularity.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Jack of Names;185030 said:
No, It's similar to being punk.

I'll give you a short explanation of goths.

We find beauty in darkness, solitary and isolated places and even death.
We hate conforming with the mainstream.
We wear black clothes, piercings, dye our hair black and put white foundation on our faces.

It's a sub-culture.

There's a helluva lot more to it. I wear black, got black hair and I love white skin(in a non white supremacist way) and the sun doesn't make me a golden bronze god but rather a fried shrimp, so I never tan or nothing and I look rather pale.

But I'm not goth. As you said, it's a short and rather incomplete explanation, and I just wanted to add that not everyone with black hair and clothes is goth. :lol:

About mainstream: As irony would have it, "Defy the mainstream!" has become somewhat mainstream in itself.

J

Jack of Names

Tsuyu;185033 said:
There's a helluva lot more to it. I wear black, got black hair and I love white skin(in a non white supremacist way) and the sun doesn't make me a golden bronze god but rather a fried shrimp, so I never tan or nothing and I look rather pale.

But I'm not goth. As you said, it's a short and rather incomplete explanation, and I just wanted to add that not everyone with black hair and clothes is goth. :lol:

About mainstream: As irony would have it, "Defy the mainstream!" has become somewhat mainstream in itself.
Indeed, as Tsuyu just said, not all who wear black are goth.

Also, there has been much confusion as to the differences between Emos and Goths.

Here's a short explanation of Emos:

Emo stands for Emotional or Emotive and are quickly becoming a popular trend throughout London and NY.
While some have been known as suicidal, misunderstood kids who slit their wrists, these days anybody can be called Emo.
You just need to write poetry, be emotional, and more importantly, have hair that covers your eyes.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

So hang on a minute - the mainstream is that which is currently the most popular? How does one quantify that, then? I mean, we seem to be made up entirely of subcultures anyway...I have no idea what the main one would be.

People have jack all to rebel against anyway these days - pretty much anything goes...

I'm not goth, as far as I know - I just REALLY like wearing corsets and dark makeup ;)

J

Jack of Names

Angel;185036 said:
So hang on a minute - the mainstream is that which is currently the most popular? How does one quantify that, then? I mean, we seem to be made up entirely of subcultures anyway...I have no idea what the main one would be.

People have jack all to rebel against anyway these days - pretty much anything goes...

I'm not goth, as far as I know - I just REALLY like wearing corsets and dark makeup ;)
Basically the mainstream is the main crowd of people who have average interests.

For example the songs, ****ed with a knife, I cum blood, Hatchet to the Head, by Cannibal Corpse are not made for the mainstream of people.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Angel;185036 said:

*Zing*

o_O

:ninja:

Pervert sense is tingling....

J

Jack of Names

Corsets are nice.
Abi-Titmuss-corset-L.jpg

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Tsuyu;185040 said:
*Zing*

o_O

:ninja:

Pervert sense is tingling....
:lol: - shame they cost so much though - I go to this goth shop on ebay for mine because they come from Japan and are cheaper as well as rather nice...

Pity I don't really go anywhere to show them off...

Abi Titmuss = filthy skank :sick:

J

Jack of Names

Angel;185047 said:
:lol: - shame they cost so much though - I go to this goth shop on ebay for mine because they come from Japan and are cheaper as well as rather nice...

Pity I don't really go anywhere to show them off...

Abi Titmuss = filthy skank :sick:
I just googles 'corset' and she came up. :lol:

L3Zhci93d3cvc2l0ZXMvbWVkaWEuc2hvdXRtb3V0aC5jb20vaHRtbC9kZXJpdnMvMDg4ZGM3NTQ2MTNlNTFiNWJlMGE0ZDM5ZDFhZTQwMWQtZWJkYjc0N2ZmNDNiOWRkMTYyZjE1NzI0MzJiMTA1MzYuanBn.jpg

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

See that's not bad but I don't like the sleeves so much...

Saw a gorgeous deep red velvet one the other day - but it's about £150 so methinks I won't be getting it :lol: