• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

After an Eternity Away From You All...

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Hey guys, after years of being absent, the little sparrow has finally flown back to the nest. Decided to play some other games after fable 3 as lionhead was messing around with journey and heroes. But the anniversary made me come back to the forums to find .. They seem kind of dead nowadays. I remember in 2010 when i was a frequent poster for fable 2 that this forum used to be bustling with many fable fans.. What happened?

Super excited for anniversary. I made a topic revealing dlc outfits that will be available on the market place. I am very anxious to finally don the jack of blades garb.

I do hope others share my enthusiasm with the soon release of anniversary and make their way back to the forums. The more support as fans then lionhead said they will continue to work hard to make us happy. Meaning releasing the game for pc and having additional dlc content.. Maybe a story add on. Anyway i just again wanted to say that I am back.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fable disappeared and we were given Kinect & arcade titles instead so people abandoned it and have started to return after new game announcements. Good to see you back and hopefully there shall be many more to follow. We bagged ourselves an interview too...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
In the meantime I took over the forums in secret and brainwashed Drakan. Besides my unending plots of -semi- world dominance nothing interesting happened than two arcade titles and Peter Molyneux being beheaded by Ted Timmins which usurped the Lionhead throne and now trains troops for a new invasion.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Hopefully Lionhead has there stuff together for now on. I am very grateful they are listening to fans with the HD remake. Only 40$ too!

I've always loved Lionhead, especially when Peter was there. My advice to Lionhead is a new leader, a new team, and a new generation...Do something.. New!

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I find the absence of Peter at Lionhead a welcome improvement! I couldn't stand how much he would embellish about his video games. The new guys are clearly doing it right. They are actually looking at the forums. So many have waited for a good fable multiplayer and now they are making legends.

We asked for jack of blades outfit and guess what? They finally listened!

I could only be happier had they done this earlier.. Listening to the fans.. Who knew that would work?

I wish that they did this for fable 2 so i could have got the dragonstomper .48 and reavers clothing for my hero. But that is neither here nor there. I am glad ted timmins is in charge. He clearly knows what he is doing

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I find the absence of Peter at Lionhead a welcome improvement! I couldn't stand how much he would embellish about his video games. The new guys are clearly doing it right. They are actually looking at the forums. So many have waited for a good fable multiplayer and now they are making legends.

We asked for jack of blades outfit and guess what? They finally listened!

I could only be happier had they done this earlier.. Listening to the fans.. Who knew that would work?

I wish that they did this for fable 2 so i could have got the dragonstomper .48 and reavers clothing for my hero. But that is neither here nor there. I am glad ted timmins is in charge. He clearly knows what he is doing

Ted is a nice guy who is passionate about the series and takes time to speak to fans too, had a couple of conversations here and there with him on Twitter. I have a lot of respect for developers and staff who take time to speak to their fans. Lets hope this is a sign of things to come and the Fable franchise is reinvented for a new era starting now.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Ted is a nice guy who is passionate about the series and takes time to speak to fans too, had a couple of conversations here and there with him on Twitter. I have a lot of respect for developers and staff who take time to speak to their fans. Lets hope this is a sign of things to come and the Fable franchise is reinvented for a new era starting now.
The "new" Lionhead is much more dynamic, but it feels constraint within the bounds of Fable. Can they really pursue a whole new franchise? Will they be allowed to do that?

I think that's when Ted's ability will matter the most. Because he'll have to sell a brand new idea not to fans like us or just his developer team-- but the magical creatures called Microsoft middle-managers and leads.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I think Ted has got the stuff, nuff said from me. Hes a great guy and he knows his stuff he's always a pleasure to talk to.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I would say the fact that he is doing anniversary is showing he is taking small steps and not biting off more than he can chew. This is a good sign. He understand the responsibility of his new position and he is staying humble. First he is fixing the mistakes of old lionhead, then he is moving on to bigger and better things and working with microsoft. I trust him to not let us down

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I would say the fact that he is doing anniversary is showing he is taking small steps and not biting off more than he can chew. This is a good sign. He understand the responsibility of his new position and he is staying humble. First he is fixing the mistakes of old lionhead, then he is moving on to bigger and better things and working with microsoft. I trust him to not let us down

Yeah pretty much this, they have new stuff in the works that hasnt been announced yet and I would like to see them push the Fable series further than its ever gone and then move in a new direction.