• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Albion has shrunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok so F1 was not massive but big enough to enjoy exploring the areas, F2 stepped it up with regions like Brightwood, Bowerlake, and Wraithmarsh all large and fun to explore (ive explored every inch of every region in every Fable game) F2 was a big game. F3 is small in comparison, we were promised regions twice the size of some of the F2 regions? Where are they then Lionhead? The two biggest regions in F3 (in my opinion) are Mistpeak and Shifting sands, to be fair shifting sands is big but theres nothing in it, Brightwood took me ages to find everthing and Mistpeak is smaller than Bowerlake? And so is Millfeilds (its the same place goddamit!) Anyone else notice this? and dont get me started on Mourning Wood, compared to Wraithmarsh its just not as big.

Btw i dont hate F3 i think its a great game lol.

Cain

Reaction score
If this is aimed at Lionhead, wouldn't it be better suited for their forums?

Cain

Reaction score
I'm sure your dislike for the shrinking of albion is shared by many other members

Vyan

Reaction score
I actually think the regions are bigger this time round. It's the lack of content with-in those regions that's the real problem.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
it's just plate tectonics guys, no need to fret. ;)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
That theory disproves a shrinking albion theory though. :D
why, not at all! see, certain plates with hero minerals force subduction to the continents. as albion shrinks, the amount of magic needed for lionhead to make a sequel increases. ^_^

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
We all know that Peter is an idiot and has has ruined the Fable series. The small map is one of the problems. Just because you can jump and swim DOESN'T mean EVERYONE WANTS TO. As Ben Croshaw said, 'You CAN, but why would you want to?' If you look at a game like Oblivion or Fallout, the map is extensive and it's fun to explore and level up as you explore. The only problem is fast traveling. If you got rid of traveling, it might take longer from one place to another, but you would see more. It would make the game more immersive.Also, if there was weather, it would be nice to see there be some atmoesphere.

Twilight

Reaction score
We all know that Peter is an idiot and has has ruined the Fable series. The small map is one of the problems. Just because you can jump and swim DOESN'T mean EVERYONE WANTS TO. As Ben Croshaw said, 'You CAN, but why would you want to?' If you look at a game like Oblivion or Fallout, the map is extensive and it's fun to explore and level up as you explore. The only problem is fast traveling. If you got rid of traveling, it might take longer from one place to another, but you would see more. It would make the game more immersive.Also, if there was weather, it would be nice to see there be some atmoesphere.

Eh, I believe there is a weather system in place.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
I mean more like Fog, and getting wet when it rains, and having the wind blow on you and such. That's what I mean

Erika

Reaction score
the reagons arnt THAT small, there nto what we where told tahy be. and no the reagons in f2 arnt much bigger than f3. BUT f2 dos have much much more regons, making the game seems bigger and better to exsplore~

agreed

Forgive me for getting off the tracks a bit but I love weather. I first noticed how cool changing atmosphere and weather was in Morrowind oh so many years ago. I loved how it was set up and how it had the many different weather types. And wind even! That'd be a great system to implement in Fable.
It was present to a very small extent in the first Fable, but it wasn't anywhere near as cool or as extensive as it was in Morrowind.
maybe well see weather in skyrim =) cant wait for it. never tryed morrowind whats it like? (being a werewolf must have been fun lol)

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
there nto what we where told tahy be.
translation anyone?
Also Erika. Spellcheck, learn it, love it, use it. This post box (is that the right term?) might not have a spellchecker built in, but you have a computer (I assume) where there will be a word processing program somewhere that does, write in there then copy and paste it here.

Erika

Reaction score
translation anyone?
Also Erika. Spellcheck, learn it, love it, use it. This post box (is that the right term?) might not have a spellchecker built in, but you have a computer (I assume) where there will be a word processing program somewhere that does, write in there then copy and paste it here.
sorry XD i kinda type fast and skip some words. i do have a spell check but i sometimes miss some words. i said 'its not what we where told it'd be.'

oh, and being a bit dyslexic dosent help XD

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well, there are smaller, but its easier to get LOST in them when compared to the other games.

Come to think of it, maybe there IS a reason to why the Fable 3 maps are sooooo not accurate. Lionhead KNEW they made the regions smaller when they promised bigger, so to create that sense of "bigness", they made the maps useless. That way, we get lost easily, and we usually get lost in big places. Hence, the sense of "bigness". Sadly, we got used to the regions and realised they weren't so big any more. Failed plan, Lionhead.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
No, it's just that every game focuses on different regions of the country. Oh, and it's not shrinking
that much, on the other hand I prefer to have a few well-made regions than a lot of big and
mediocre regions.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
on the other hand I prefer to have a few well-made regions than a lot of big and
mediocre regions.

Well said, that. The regions in Fable III are beautiful, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.