• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any features you would like to return in Playground Studios' Fable from the old games?

verticaldilemma

Reaction score
want it to return to medieval albion, have a new enchanting ost and retain the same british humor from fable lost chapters that many similar rpgs of its time severely lacked

Reaction score
Musts

Dog
Epic music
Bowerstone or at least some locations from previous games
A growing up dynamic again from childhood to old age
Some fawlty tower-esque humour.
Dark parts that are left to interpretation
Solid story
Amazing British voice casting.
Real consequences for decisions made in-game.

Nice to have

Theresa
Hobbes / Balvarines
A subtle nod to LH somewhere like gravestones in F2
Great open world co-op
Detailed Hero customisation

MUST NOT

Be rushed
promise things and then don't deliver
be broken in parts
be changed so much that it doesn't reflect a fable game
DLC monetised to the absolute taking the p level.
take fable the journey as canon aha

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Maybe a pub called The Lion's Head would a suitable tribute...

WMD_1945

Reaction score
Read through everyone's posts, I pretty much agree with all. Especially "Ludna" who suggested that Fable must be more mod friendly. Just look at how mods complemented Skyrim. I think Fable can also be a Mod heaven game..

Anyways, what I would love to see;

- In lost chapters there was a region called Knothole Glade, I just love that area with the surrounding forests. It was dark from all the trees, rainy, mysterious, it felt like a proper fairy tale forest. Didn't really see a region like this in the post Fable games. I would love to see them bring back mystical forest environments

- In fable 3 there were these scenes as king where you had to make decisions in the throne room to decide between repair / upgrade something or keep the money in the treasury. I loved those events, they can bring something like this back and really elaborate on it

- Please move away from modern era (industrial era). Fantasy worlds & magic are always more relatable with "Old Kingdom" setting

- And lastly, in lost chapters you where rescued by Maze & he enrolled you at the hero's guild for training, almost like Hogwarts in HP. I actually loved that (maybe because I'm a HP fanatic) but would love to see something similar in fable 4. And wouldn't mind if game followed protagonist from child to adulthood.

don't want to be the pessimist but why are there only 24 post about this topic? Don't understand, fable 4 is hugely anticipated

Last edited:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Most likely because there aren't many people posting here at the moment.

It'll pick up at some point, hopefully

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
don't want to be the pessimist but why are there only 24 post about this topic? Don't understand, fable 4 is hugely anticipated

There has been very little information released about the game and I think people are a little wary of speculating features of a game that we know nothing about currently. It will pick up when more information is released and people have something to go off.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Totally agree with your statement Dark Drakan. I have very high hopes for this game but I don’t want to get to excited for it until I can see what it’s about. Fingers crossed that we get more information on this one soon

LionHeart87

Reaction score
I love the fable series especially fable 2 so much,I decided to make a fable 2(any fable really) group on Facebook.

Any and all are welcome,We can share our characters and talk about their made up back stories,And just talk about fable in general (I hope people actually join.)

It's called Fable 2 Lovers.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Basically there isn't much traffic here because Fable has broken all of our hearts at least twice each.

It's so hard to commit to the pure and unalloyed love of the series I had when I was [checks watch] 10 minutes younger by my estimation.