• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any features you would like to return in Playground Studios' Fable from the old games?

BigBadWuwlfy

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to start this thread but why not.

Are there any features you would hope to see in the new Fable game borrowed from the previous games made by Lionhead?

For me there's only two things I really care about. Good clothing customization and morality morphing.

Beyond that I'm open to whatever they're making, but those are two features I'd like to see return, definitely.

BigBadWuwlfy

Reaction score
Demon Doors!! And I hope they make a soundtrack that feels "right", music is such an important thing for fable.

Lmao I loved the Demon Doors! They were hilarious.

My favorite ones were the one you kicked chickens into and the one that was embarrassed about itself.

On music, I'm personally hoping we get some of the main fable theme songs from the previous games in the new one.

Like the menu music in Fable 2/sanctuary music in Fable 3.

Also the heroes guild music too I'd love to hear that again!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fable Legends added some interesting mini games I wouldn’t mind seeing return. The chicken-kicking contest for example.

GambleInTheWind

Reaction score
Battle Scars, and maybe detailed scars hits from enemies show up on our armour.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I really really hope they don't obliterate it by making it so utterly different to the series I love that it is unrecognisable to the point of not being worthy of the title Fable.

I loved the guild and missed it for the last two games. Also Barnum has to appear in some form or another. Definitely chickens, definitely Avo and Skorm, definitely Hobbes.

The pub games were a lot of fun so I'd like to see them make a return. Something akin to the Crucible would be nice too.

Demon Doors, obvs, and much more variety in terms of quests. And something similar to the gnomes and gargoyles of the last two titles would be cool.

I am hoping they maximise on the technology of today for the enemy appearances. I'd like to see the same style of art, although I know that won't happen, and the humour has to absolutely remain.

It would be awesome if Danny Elfman came back for the music.

And more than anything, I really really really really hope that this doesn't try and push a real world agenda of any kind. Fable was pure escapism for me and I loved how irreverent and fun it was. If it all goes a bit SJW, that's a huge no for me. You could be a trans gay pimp in Fable and it just wasn't turned into a big thing about representation or equality. It was just funny and dumb and brilliant all at the same time.

Keep it light, keep it fun. Keep it Fable. (Copyright me, 2020)

GambleInTheWind

Reaction score
I really really hope they don't obliterate it by making it so utterly different to the series I love that it is unrecognisable to the point of not being worthy of the title Fable.

I loved the guild and missed it for the last two games. Also Barnum has to appear in some form or another. Definitely chickens, definitely Avo and Skorm, definitely Hobbes.

The pub games were a lot of fun so I'd like to see them make a return. Something akin to the Crucible would be nice too.

Demon Doors, obvs, and much more variety in terms of quests. And something similar to the gnomes and gargoyles of the last two titles would be cool.

I am hoping they maximise on the technology of today for the enemy appearances. I'd like to see the same style of art, although I know that won't happen, and the humour has to absolutely remain.

It would be awesome if Danny Elfman came back for the music.

And more than anything, I really really really really hope that this doesn't try and push a real world agenda of any kind. Fable was pure escapism for me and I loved how irreverent and fun it was. If it all goes a bit SJW, that's a huge no for me. You could be a trans gay pimp in Fable and it just wasn't turned into a big thing about representation or equality. It was just funny and dumb and brilliant all at the same time.

Keep it light, keep it fun. Keep it Fable. (Copyright me, 2020)
I agree, I play video games to get away from the real world. It's already enough we basically see it everywhere.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ah, see I preferred the not dying aspect of later Fable games - losing the XP but not having to restart.

I want the wheel of misfortune to make a return too

Naxatato

Obsidian
Reaction score
Followers, specifically bandits/whatever bandit equivalent they have in the game. I missed conducting raids without the need to be on a quest in F2-3.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Having just finished Fable 2 again yesterday, I can honestly say if they put time sensitive flit switches back in the game, I'm probably going to murder someone.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I'm actually hoping for a hard reboot.

Keep hobbes, balverines, demon doors, heroes guild & the quirky British humour (maybe Scythe too).

Everything else can be completely rewritten in a new world, new kingdom, new lore, new characters, new canonical universe, honestly I don't care about most of the stuff outside the iconic fable elements.

I preferred f1's era, swords, bows & magic. But I'd be fine with f2 era aswell, guns were fun, but not my favourite.

I actually loved the sanctuary in f3 and over the years I've grown to lean to minimalism in games, like journey, limbo, inside, little nightmares, etc. So I'd love a clean HUD & menu system or none at all.

I'd especially love them to use some of fable legends unused stuff, the heroes in that looked absolutely amazing! And the redesign of demon doors was great.

I overall have my hopes up that it'll be a genuinely great game, maybe even a contender for goty. Especially if it's open world, if it is that'll be a heck of a time sink for me.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I would love too see
A return of the Heroes guild and the whole rival Heroes theme.
Mini-games such as in the original Fable such as Chicken-kicking ect.
The whole Dungeon and Dragon’s style theme return. More creatures such as Dragons and Trolls.
Having a family and child and owning a house.
Buying and selling property.
There are a few others but these are what I would love to return the most.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Nooo! I hate the trolls :ROFL:. But that's coz I'm a filthy casual...

If they bring jobs back into it, I'd like to see either more variety or make the higher levels less difficult. The whole "hit the sweet spot that keeps moving" thing was tedious as all flip.

JesusThief

Reaction score
Name
Adam
I would like some more information on what our previous heroes done after their respective games.

Hobbilis

Reaction score
Going a bit off-topic here but I just wanted to say I hope next Fable looks at least as good as this game.

I wouldn't mind if they borrow some of their mechanics as well

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Wow this does look incredible. It does get you excited when you think about what Fable could look like

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Black myth looks amazing, yeah, but it's going to be souls-esque. Fable will no doubt have great graphics nevertheless, but Fable is by all means a god game never really been balanced.

Even Dene Carter says as much.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I do hope the game is more accessible to the modding community. Fable modders have done a great job over the years but not without jumping through some massive hoops.

As Rumford said, I hope they make use of at least some of Fable: Legends’ assets. I know they’ve kept on a voice actor for it.The guy talking in the trailer was one of the narrators in Fable: Legends.

Damn I miss that game. :cry: