• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone else miss the Augements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopz

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about it, and how both fable and fable2 both had the augements for the weapons, which personally i find so much better, not only the fact that u can choose ur own attachement, but also how there are so many more variaties.

Why did they ever get rid of this?

Reaction score
Hmmm i never thought about that, in Fable 3 they have taken out loads of stufff that made Fable, Fable a bit annoying really.... still a good game though.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
They just changed how it works, augments are the rewards on each weapon

Twilight

Reaction score
Hmmm i never thought about that, in Fable 3 they have taken out loads of stufff that made Fable, Fable a bit annoying really.... still a good game though.
Augments are there in the form of upgrading weapons...

Coopz

Reaction score
Nowhere near the same, u cant choose or change them or nothin

Reaction score
Nowhere near the same, u cant choose or change them or nothin

Thats what i mean, also you cant put more than one on a weapon, the weapon morphing thing is ok but i dont want to see it in future games, this Augment thing is a reason why....

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
As everyone else said. They just changed how they work. They added a handful of new ones, and then tied them all into the weapon morphing system. It should be possible to hack a save game to customize and then trade the hacked weapons though. From what I've seen.

Augment List

Twilight

Reaction score
Thats what i mean, also you cant put more than one on a weapon, the weapon morphing thing is ok but i dont want to see it in future games, this Augment thing is a reason why....
There's 3 augments for all weapons in the game.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
The current system is kinda love/hate for me. I like how you have a goal to reach in order to upgrade your weapons. But i miss being able to choose what kind of augments are in my weapon. Half the time i find weapons in the shop that i wouldn't even consider using. I've had to trade for a weapon im ok with.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
The current system is kinda love/hate for me. I like how you have a goal to reach in order to upgrade your weapons. But i miss being able to choose what kind of augments are in my weapon. Half the time i find weapons in the shop that i wouldn't even consider using. I've had to trade for a weapon im ok with.

That's exactly the issue with the new system. Taking out the augments was just one more level of choice and customization and choice stripped from the series by this release. I hope they give us back the ability to customize the abilities, not just the look of our weapons in Fable IV.

Is it just me, or is Fable taking on a decidedly more "on-rails" feel?

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I do miss the old system. I used to like making a weapon that reflected my hero, rather then either having a weapon thats not really suited to me, or looks bad. Or I have to shape my hero around the weapons he finds, which is just rather weird for a game like this.

But then lots of customisation has been cut back this time. Fewer places to wear clothes is another one.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I used to like making a weapon that reflected my hero, rather then either having a weapon thats not really suited to me, or looks bad. Or I have to shape my hero around the weapons he finds, which is just rather weird for a game like this.

Exactly! The weapon should conform to the hero's nature, not the other way around. They got that (mostly) right with the way the weapon looks - the way it acts should be under our control as well. I could see certain rare, legendary weapons being so unique that you can't augment them and must use them as they are, but not every single one.

I must admit I'm divided on how I feel about every single weapon being unique. It's quite cool in that you're not just buying your average "rusty iron sword" and working all the way up to the Mithril Manatee Mandible or whatever, but sometimes having a vanilla weapon is cool, especially when you could augment it as you saw fit.

Lynne

Reaction score
I don't care how they changed in this game. I miss augments. Everything about weapons is so damn predetermined now.

Zangash

Reaction score
Of course I miss augements! This whole weapon morphing thing in general was crap imo. It would have been cool, but when my weapon responds to my use of the fireball spell by taking on an arcane design when I solemnly vowed not to use magic throughout the entire game seriously irks me.

Besides, all everyone is doing is playing a certain way so they can get their sword to look how they want it. Might as well just let us forge our weapons, and bring back augements...

Reaction score
Another thing i really hate is how all legendary weapons are just variations of the morph system and some of them just look down right stupid!!! I mean Avo's Lamentation (or however you spell it) has no resembelence to Avos Tear whatsoever? Bring back unique legendary weapons, and a weapon forging system with more hilts/blades/augments to choose from?

Bluedrake

Reaction score
I miss the augments. The new system for augmenting weapons was a little meh. And some of the conditions to augment the weapons were kinda stupid. I mean, kick 100 chikcens? How silly is that?

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
TBH I loved the weapon morph system but hated the augments (in III) I think they should just keep the weapon morphing but bring back the old augment system... Best of Both? (Hovis)

Status
Not open for further replies.