• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know how to Hex Edit?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
So Fable Anniversary contains all the dlc on its disc, which means feasibly I could edit it so that I have all DLC at the start of the game, plus anything else I might want. I've done this before with other games but I can't remember what to do and there isn't any help online. Anyone familiar with hex editing?

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
So Fable Anniversary contains all the dlc on its disc, which means feasibly I could edit it so that I have all DLC at the start of the game, plus anything else I might want. I've done this before with other games but I can't remember what to do and there isn't any help online. Anyone familiar with hex editing?

You'll have to pull the save, edit it, and I assume resign it. Unless your box is hacked. Then you can just edit it the same as TLC. Grab a TNG and add a chest with the DLC in it.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
You'll have to pull the save, edit it, and I assume resign it. Unless your box is hacked. Then you can just edit it the same as TLC. Grab a TNG and add a chest with the DLC in it.
I'd have to edit the save itself, grab a bunch of items and replace them with the DLC. Its just been awhile since if done this stuff on the 360.

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
It's probably just a flag or two in the save. And given how carefree/possibly inept they've been in past years I assume it would be clearly labeled and easy to identify booleans that need flipping. Still. Wouldn't recommend it and would highly advise against it. They be banning folks for that sort of stuff. Maybe the DLC's not worth paying for, but it's not worth getting in trouble for either.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
It's probably just a flag or two in the save. And given how carefree/possibly inept they've been in past years I assume it would be clearly labeled and easy to identify booleans that need flipping. Still. Wouldn't recommend it and would highly advise against it. They be banning folks for that sort of stuff. Maybe the DLC's not worth paying for, but it's not worth getting in trouble for either.
Yeah I've never actually pirated anything before just used to change stats and locations. 20$ for the dlc just angered me alittle.

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
I didn't think they'd ever be able to tell XD

International multi-billion dollar corporations are pretty keen on detecting when people are stealing from them, especially in regards to technology that they themselves developed. Weird how they are like that.