• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Archery Competition

F

foreverflash

Archery Competition

I used the search feature for these forums and could not find anything relevant to the "Archery Competition" side quest specifically. I would like to know how to complete this quest (and have it appear in past quests). I have participated, scored the highest ever, won a trophy, yet the quest remains in active status. I'm just trying to be thorough with the game. Thanks for any help!
:ermm:

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Archery Competition

I think this quest will never end...

But I'm not sure.

jwc2200

Reaction score

You can end the quest by killing the guy that runs the competition.

jwc2200

Reaction score

You are probably right John, it is not an ongoing quest like 'fishing competition' and 'chicken kicking'. In those quests you can not kill the guy who runs it like you can with the archery quest.

F

foreverflash

jwc2200;326330 said:

Was that meant to be sarcastic? Made me laugh good!
Thanks guys for such quick responses!! Jeesh, you all must live here...

:lol: :p

F

foreverflash

JohnDoe;326363 said:
Not sarcasm, that's the honest truth. ;)
I figured it "wasn't" sarcasm, but at the same time it sounded rhetorical; funny just the same.

jwc2200

Reaction score

I meant it. As far as I know, killing him is the only way to get the quest off your current quests list.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

jwc2200;326330 said:

I always kill him right when he spawns.. my least favorite mini-game. you get the trophy anyway. :p

jwc2200

Reaction score

I wait until nighttime when the guards are near the tattoo shop to kill him, that way the whole town won't think of me as a bad guy and will keep selling me stuff cheap. So I get the treasure hunt clue#4 and the silver arrow trophy, but don't get asked to pay a fine.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I keep it plane and simple: if i decide to be evil on a certain profile, i kill him. if not, he gets to live

N

Nekaku

I hate his guts... It's not that much Negative points so, It doesn't effect my perfect reputation... I don't like that Mini game. He dies. Good or bad. I justify it in-character by saying "Well, it looked like an 'Assassination Letter' not a treasure clue..."

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

I always end up killing him. With him around, the game always makes the Hero turn and face towards him when the Hero's standing still. :lol:
It's annoying.

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score

whenever im evil i always kill everone one in every town (snowspir -tlc, hook coast, oakvale and knothole glade) then buy every house... i always do KHG on the soul quest
when i kill thunder - tlc
then massacre the town and on my way out i kill the dude (he just gets on my feekin nerves ;))
if im being a goody two shoes then i beat his game..................then kill him! and go to the templ of avo to work it off ;)