• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armor, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
Armor, perhaps?

Consider these screenshots from the latest video diary.

F3ArmorA1.png

F3ArmorA2.png

F3ArmorA3.png

If you're anything like me, you see pauldrons, and in the case of angle 3, what appear to be greaves. Now, I'm not saying that I think there will be armor in the next game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar to the Knothole Knight set.

Your thoughts?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: Armor, perhaps?

I personally think LionHead might have listened to the fans when it comes to armour this time round. Everyone loves armour.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Sorry, but no, it doesn't look like that to me. Just like more bulky coats and ****.

EDIT: And incidentally, no, I don't like armor.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

yeahh, i've only seen clothes like those in fable 2.
sorry bro.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Nah. I don't want armor.

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

I like how the cloth are glowing a bit though :D

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Sabbath;363365 said:
I like how the cloth are glowing a bit though :D
just bloom
haveing armour is fine as long as it does not effect any thing, no stats if you know what i mean

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

I think armor should have some stats to them, i mean honestly why wear a piece of clothing into combat if it has no benefit to you?

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

Sabbath;363394 said:
I think armor should have some stats to them, i mean honestly why wear a piece of clothing into combat if it has no benefit to you?

Because it looks cool, same reason you wear anything else in fable these days.

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

If i really wanted to look cool for who ever head i was lobbing off that day i'd just find funny ways to do it. Not go in with fancy cloth.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Sabbath;363394 said:

in fable 1 there was assassins armour and mage armour ect.. but you would never wear them cus the stats where not as good as the pl8 set, you would be a mage wearing full pl8mail an archer wearing full pl8male so on and so on

in fable 2 to not haveing stats tied to clothing makes ROLE PLAYING funner and easy, you could run around wereing nothing at all and not worry about a defence bonus.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I don't think it looks like armor. I would like a few pieces of armor, though, just as long as we don't have armor ratings. Armor ratings completely compromise what Fable is all about. Fable is all about having choices, and if there's one set of armor that's better than all other sets of armor, that's not choice, it's everyone doing the same thing. This is exactly why weapons will morph in Fable 3. They don't want everyone wielding the one "holy grail" weapon, they want you to wield your own weapon and be your own character. There's no way in hell armor ratings are going to be in Fable 3.

Sorry for the rant. :lol:

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Maybe it's just an effect of the morphy thing.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Sabbath;363394 said:

Same reason people wore clothes into battle in the real world between, oh, about 1700 and 1900. Because armor didn't do **** against the firearms they had but nudity was a bad idea.

Aions;363416 said:
in fable 1 there was assassins armour and mage armour ect.. but you would never wear them cus the stats where not as good as the pl8 set, you would be a mage wearing full pl8mail an archer wearing full pl8male so on and so on

in fable 2 to not haveing stats tied to clothing makes ROLE PLAYING funner and easy, you could run around wereing nothing at all and not worry about a defence bonus.

Um... I actually always wore Bright Will User's clothes, just because I liked the attractiveness bonus. And then I wore a combination of villager's and apprentice clothes with a fisherman's hat because I liked looking like a farmboy hick. And I did every mission naked for the "Do Mission Naked" boast bonus.

And all those clothes, I thought, looked better than the ones in F2. Except possibly the one where I ran around naked in Union Jack underwear.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Once you get to a certain level, armour really doesn't matter.

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

Aions;363416 said:

Im not saying make one really strong armor like plate but rather make a variety for what ever reason needs. If your a mage have different armors that benefit the type of mage you are.
If your a archer use leather.

Not armor rating but rather just +up to your skills/stats to make you better at what you wish to do.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;363459 said:
Once you get to a certain level, armour really doesn't matter.

Exactly.

Sabbath;363492 said:
Im not saying make one really strong armor like plate but rather make a variety for what ever reason needs. If your a mage have different armors that benefit the type of mage you are.
If your a archer use leather.

Not armor rating but rather just +up to your skills/stats to make you better at what you wish to do.

So, basically you just want to have stats on your clothes, not armor?

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

Walker;363568 said:
Exactly.

So, basically you just want to have stats on your clothes, not armor?
lol suppose thats so.
A little armor rating wouldn't be bad either, but make it have disadvantages to it.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

the stat difference in clothing should be virtually nothing. you should be the one who works to make the stats good, that way you can make your armor any combination with no cost to your characters strength.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Arseface;363446 said:
Maybe it's just an effect of the morphy thing.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if your clothes morphed like your weapon did.

Status
Not open for further replies.