• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

JBL

Saber
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

TRA Rotid;20460 said:
It was just luck that I knew he was Johnny Cage. I read about Mortal Kombat from Wikipedia the day before, otherwise I wouldn`t have known anything about it. I don`t care about Mortal Kombat much, because Tekken is the best and other fighting games don`t stand a chance against it ( well maybe Soul Calibur ).

I spend lots of time at Wikipedia looking up various things. I've played Soul Caliber, but not Tekken. You don't care too much for Mortal Kombat??:O But...the blood and guts and the crazy fatalities...

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Yeah, but gameplay isn`t that good compared to Tekken. And Tekken characters are great. And there are funny minigames too.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;20598 said:
Well, maybe it was, but I was mega wasted already!

Thats no excuse :p

TRA Rotid;20607 said:
Yeah, but gameplay isn`t that good compared to Tekken. And Tekken characters are great. And there are funny minigames too.

But it was Mortal Kombat that was the beginning of these games.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

So what... Tekken is way better. Did you know that Mortal Kombat made the ESRB?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;20622 said:
So what... Tekken is way better. Did you know that Mortal Kombat made the ESRB?

Tekken is new and Mortal Kombat is many many years old and so has became stale with age.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;20630 said:
Tekken is new and Mortal Kombat is many many years old and so has became stale with age.

:'( It hasn't gotten too stale. Lots of older generation and new like MK. MK also has funny minigames such as "Test your might" and "Test your sight" and other stuff.

I'll admit, though, Drakan, MK is OLD, but that's what's so great about it. They keep improving each and every time they put a new game out.

As for gameplay...I'll have to play Tekken one day and compare the two.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

First Tekken came out two years after the first MK. ( Funny, I thought I already said that in one post ).
And yes, you have to try Tekken someday. Tekken 5 and Tekken 3 are my favourite, but Tekken 4 sucks. Theres so many different moves and combos and throws and grapples to combine. And another good thing about Tekken is, that most of the characters use fighting styles that actually exist. Anyway, its hard to explain.
I have actually played only one Mortal Kombat game, it was on PC. It was quite good...

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;20637 said:
First Tekken came out two years after the first MK. ( Funny, I thought I already said that in one post ).
And yes, you have to try Tekken someday. Tekken 5 and Tekken 3 are my favourite, but Tekken 4 sucks. Theres so many different moves and combos and throws and grapples to combine. And another good thing about Tekken is, that most of the characters use fighting styles that actually exist. Anyway, its hard to explain.
I have actually played only one Mortal Kombat game, it was on PC. It was quite good...

Okay. Next time I go to Blockbuster, I'll pick up Tekken. ^_^

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

JBL;20645 said:
Okay. Next time I go to Blockbuster, I'll pick up Tekken. ^_^

You do that ;) .

V

Vegeta

Off topic.... WOW angel hasnt been on here for that long and she's an admin lol thats what i work for on all forums... (your great angel no offence)

F

FableFreak

Here is a question i have been DYING to ask, how do you get to be an admin, and just part of the general Project Ego "brotherhood", etc. Also what is required from said admin/mod.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Don't panic - I'm not admin! I just help out behind the scenes here and there as well as write some of the content for the site.....you'll notice I still have a "member" tag and not an admin one. :)

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

General question to the staff of the forums here;

If all of you (projectego, draken and angel) were all stuck on a deserted island with utterly no food, who would be the first of you to kill one of the others to survive?

Or, alteratively, if one of you died, who would be the first to suggest eating the other to stay alive...

o_O

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

JBL;20635 said:
:'( It hasn't gotten too stale. Lots of older generation and new like MK. MK also has funny minigames such as "Test your might" and "Test your sight" and other stuff.

I'll admit, though, Drakan, MK is OLD, but that's what's so great about it. They keep improving each and every time they put a new game out.

As for gameplay...I'll have to play Tekken one day and compare the two.

Didnt say i didnt like it, i was a huge MK fan when it was first released but with all the new ones its the same formula repeated year after year and the shine of that is wearing very thin.

1Ak;20652 said:
Off topic.... WOW angel hasnt been on here for that long and she's an admin lol thats what i work for on all forums... (your great angel no offence)

We know her outside the forums aswel which helped ;) and as she said she isnt an Admin or Mod yet she helps us 'behind the scenes' at the moment.

fablefreak1;20655 said:
Here is a question i have been DYING to ask, how do you get to be an admin, and just part of the general Project Ego "brotherhood", etc. Also what is required from said admin/mod.

Be active, post interesting threads and helpful posts (not spam) and help others is all we ask really.

weirdkidinabox;20681 said:
General question to the staff of the forums here;

If all of you (projectego, draken and angel) were all stuck on a deserted island with utterly no food, who would be the first of you to kill one of the others to survive?

Or, alteratively, if one of you died, who would be the first to suggest eating the other to stay alive...

o_O

I know what Steve (ProjectEgo) is going to say so i will let him answer this one to see if im correct...

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Dark Drakan;20685 said:
I know what Steve (ProjectEgo) is going to say so i will let him answer this one to see if im correct...
It's nothing personal Drak...

;)

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ahh....divided loyalties....gotta love 'em!

I suppose it would depend on whether Steve has signed those insurance documents yet..... ;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;20686 said:
It's nothing personal Drak...

;)

Two on one huh :p though the thought would probably cross my mind when we got there never mind when i knew we were stranded :lol:

:ninja:

Angel;20706 said:
Ahh....divided loyalties....gotta love 'em!

I suppose it would depend on whether Steve has signed those insurance documents yet..... ;)

:lol: what can i say to that....

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;20708 said:
Two on one huh :p though the thought would probably cross my mind when we got there never mind when i knew we were stranded :lol:
I warn you - I know Origami....:ninja:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;20710 said:
I warn you - I know Origami....:ninja:

:lol: papercuts are so annoying.... so i will let you off!

:p

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Too kind...maybe I'll eat you last then....