• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Baby Drakan incoming

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
achievement.png

We have known for 3 months now but Amy and I officially announced yesterday we are set to have our first child together (after we went for the 12 weeks scan). So another potential future gamer is to be joining my families ranks in Jan.

11694761_10152950426258344_8108206911076975944_n.jpg

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Ooooh, congratulations! Can't think of a bigger celebration than this.
Potential names? Which would you prefer (though in the end it doesn't matter anyway)?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ooooh, congratulations! Can't think of a bigger celebration than this.
Potential names? Which would you prefer (though in the end it doesn't matter anyway)?

As a man we would usually be more keen on a boy as we know where we stand with them. :lol:

We quite like Max for a boy though nothing decided yet & got a couple of potential names for girl but not narrowed it down yet. Got 4 weeks (at earliest) until we can find out what it is, then we will get really thinking about names.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Congrats Andy have a beer or three, or not, you do have to be responsible now. You have to be a real adult now, sounds kinda lame. Buts congratulations anyway!

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Can only imagine how over the moon you guys must be for this, nice choice on Max (Mad Max?) too. Congrats again ol' buddy, I already know you'll make an awesome father so that kid's got a sweet childhood to look forward to. Hope you know how to handle diapers! :D

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hope you know how to handle diapers! :D

Of course he does! He makes his wife do it. :troll:

Congratulations Andy. You'll make a great a dad. A great don't-f*ck-with-me kinda dad. All those years of tolerating us lot will have been great training. Especially when you consider that some of us have the brain of a infant. :cool:

Also, when I first saw your post on Facebook breaking the news, I was like "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!" and Scott got all excited thinking I was gonna tell him some new groundbreaking news about Fallout 4 or something. :ermm:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Can only imagine how over the moon you guys must be for this, nice choice on Max (Mad Max?) too. Congrats again ol' buddy, I already know you'll make an awesome father so that kid's got a sweet childhood to look forward to. Hope you know how to handle diapers! :D

Thanks for the comments the first thing I said when Amy suggested Max was that it would be about 5 mins before we started calling him Mad Max... Still floating around girl names and have a handful of potentials too (Furiosa wasnt one of them :lol:).

Im not squeamish and have no issue with bodily functions, cant be that much different from cleaning up the diarrhea and puke of a rather large Staffordshire Bull Terrier after he ate something funny. Amy struggles with real sick (not baby sick) but again im not bothered, had to clean up many drunken messes at peoples houses over the years that others were afraid to touch (one incident of which involved a total repaint of a bathroom) so overall not too fussed about that side of things.

Congratulations Andy. You'll make a great a dad. A great don't-f*ck-with-me kinda dad. All those years of tolerating us lot will have been great training. Especially when you consider that some of us have the brain of a infant. :cool:

Also, when I first saw your post on Facebook breaking the news, I was like "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!" and Scott got all excited thinking I was gonna tell him some new groundbreaking news about Fallout 4 or something. :ermm:

Thanks ^_^

Fallout 4 news is coming and game will be here before the baby so I havent taken that away from him.

Im not one to shy away from things & im pretty hands on with most things.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments the first thing I said when Amy suggested Max was that it would be about 5 mins before we started calling him Mad Max... Still floating around girl names and have a handful of potentials too (Furiosa wasnt one of them :lol:).

Im not squeamish and have no issue with bodily functions, cant be that much different from cleaning up the diarrhea and puke of a rather large Staffordshire Bull Terrier after he ate something funny. Amy struggles with real sick (not baby sick) but again im not bothered, had to clean up many drunken messes at peoples houses over the years that others were afraid to touch (one incident of which involved a total repaint of a bathroom) so overall not too fussed about that side of things.
Furiosa is way too exotic of a name anyway, kid'll turn a few heads at school with that.

I'm only a bit squeamish with some things due to lack of experience unless it's my own stuff for some reason, dunno why. On the other hand I'm always cleaning up cat vomit every week or so, so there's also that. When I'm back in Scotland again I'm not gonna have much choice but to practice on my new niece, so at least I'll be somewhat prepared when the time finally comes. And good grief man, you may as well just open your own damn cleaning business after all that! Like, seriously, some people pay some decent cash to clean up stuff nobody has the guts to.

Well can ya blame me (uh, about the Fallout part... >_>)?

You know what you should do Andy, get that little sprout a pair of vault suit pajamas. Now that'll be a kid with style!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
You know what you should do Andy, get that little sprout a pair of vault suit pajamas. Now that'll be a kid with style!

If I could find a place that sold them here I would.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Congrats, man! Fatherhood is a fun adventure with endless hours of gameplay, the achievements can be a little hard though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So we found out today we are having a baby girl...

The first outfit we bought for her was this from Vegas (purchased boy & girl version to be prepared)...

image.jpg

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well obviously now you'll be naming her after me.

Queen Drakan has a nice swing to it - don't you think? :lol:

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Name it after the place she was conceived, that's quite a popular thing now. My parents were gonna do that, but someone told them Car park wasn't a very nice name.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's a girl! I was almost worried Mad Max was out the window, but we've still got Mad Maxine. It can still work! ...Right??

Welcome to the club. <3

Well she still wants 2 babies so still a chance for Max yet. ;)

See if she still says the same after the birth (shes forgotten what Jacks birth was like it was so long ago) or when shes a bit larger. :lol: