• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Beginner questions

L

locutus

How do I sleep?

Just started playing a few hours ago. First, I can't find any info on Microsoft's site about updates. Are there any?

I haven't progressed very far because I'm just learning the game, but I just ran into a problem. Night fell and I couldn't figure out how to sleep. I'm in the guild hall. When I stand in front of a bed, it doesn't highlight so the interact key doesn't work so what am I supposed to do? Thanks.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score
Re: Beginner questions

fable doesnt get updates as it isnt a game that has multiplayer
as for the beds i dont think you can sleep in those. you have to be outside of the guild in order to sleep in a bed

and welcome to the forums

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Sleeping isnt mandatory either. You can choose to forgo it entirely but most of the shops and stuff are shut which is a bit pants. Unless of course your into breaking and entering lol.

;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

There's a few things you could do:
  • If you have a Golden Carrot handy, you could eat that, and it'll make it daylight for you.
  • There's a bed in Bowerstone. RIGHT next to the Weapons Smith, it's free for you to use.
  • If you go to sleep in any bed in Albion you can run out of the house while the screen is black, so you don't get fined and you don't get in trouble.
  • You could always spend some cash and sleep at the Pub's around Albion.
Unless, the problem, is that all the beds, everywhere won't highlight for you, then I'm not sure. :unsure:

L

locutus

Man;163929 said:
fable doesnt get updates as it isnt a game that has multiplayer
???
I installed the game. Before playing it, I wanted to make sure it was up to date so I checked on MS's site for updates. That's what I was referring to. I would do that with any game. Single player games get updates too. Look what happened with Gothic 3.

§ephiroxa§;163940 said:
There's a few things you could do:
  • If you have a Golden Carrot handy, you could eat that, and it'll make it daylight for you.
  • There's a bed in Bowerstone. RIGHT next to the Weapons Smith, it's free for you to use.
  • If you go to sleep in any bed in Albion you can run out of the house while the screen is black, so you don't get fined and you don't get in trouble.
  • You could always spend some cash and sleep at the Pub's around Albion.
Unless, the problem, is that all the beds, everywhere won't highlight for you, then I'm not sure. :unsure:
I'm only talking about the beds in the guild. I find it strange that I can't use them. That's where I train and get quests, and buy stuff, but I can't sleep there? Weird. Other than the first village and the guild, I haven't been anywhere else yet.

S

Solus

locutus;163954 said:
I'm only talking about the beds in the guild. I find it strange that I can't use them. That's where I train and get quests, and buy stuff, but I can't sleep there? Weird. Other than the first village and the guild, I haven't been anywhere else yet.

Nope, I don't know of anywhere in the guild that you can sleep. You can buy a house in a village, and you can sleep in there any time :thumbsup:

J

Japboix1

weirdkidinabox;163935 said:
Sleeping isnt mandatory either. You can choose to forgo it entirely but most of the shops and stuff are shut which is a bit pants. Unless of course your into breaking and entering lol.

;)
My favorite hobby XD

Why wouldnt u be able to sleep in the guild, it doesnt make sense when u can walk into ppls homes and sleep in their beds XD

A

Avos Tear

You can't use the bed at the guild, it'll be highlighted after u finished the training, but it'll say "You cannot use this bed."..or something like that.

F

fluxcapacitor

Maybe all the beds are saved for new trainees? ;)