• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Better Loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpdowning

rpdowning
Reaction score
Better Loot!

Like most of you I loved Fable 1 and 2. One of the gripes I had in Fable 2 was the loot you find, either in a treasure chest or while digging or diving, you always got a "rusty necklace" or the equivlant. Chest sometimes gave you gold but as we all know after a few hours, gold can become almost meaningless.

What I really wanted were rare articles of clothing that could not be bought at vendors. I don't know about you guys but a big part of fable 2 for me was not just advancing the story, but spending hours, looking for digspots or opening demon doors hoping I might find that sash some of us saw on early screen shots, or maybe a crown our hero could wear. I was convinced that there were articles of clothing hiding around albion, sadly this was not the case.

While no means a game breaker, I just found my self dissapointed. I really thought that since armor was not a factor in the game, that the amont of clothing available would be astounding, again not the case. I did not even mind a somewhat broken multiplayer to be bad, since I wasn't planning on playing fable online much anyway. True you could find legendary weapons in some hidden chest but they were usually under powered in my opinion.

I know this has been said before but giving your spouse and article of clothing and having them wear it would be great also. When I first played Fable 2 I remember giving everyone in the country side Nicknames hoping hours later i might run into them somewhere else. Thinking back I don't recall that ever happening, maybe they only stayed in a certain area.

In conclusion, while searching albion for secrets it would be great to instead of finding money or worthless items just for the sake of finding them, that there would be a real reason to go out treasure hunting.

thanks for reading and I am keen to hear some of your insights on the matter.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Re: Better Loot!

well in the knothole Island expansion of fable 2 there was knight armor and a bunch of unique clothings for males and females that could not be bought in stores...

Dualist

Reaction score

Not to mention in the Brightwood Demon door you get that super-sexy outfit.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

^o ya the merchant stuff lol

rpdowning

rpdowning
Reaction score

Yes! I have played all the DLC and loved it all. I guess what I mean is the treasure hunting parts of the game. To me it just seemed like the treasure you recieved wasn't very good. I love finding junk as well.......Just not all junk. I can't remember digging something up and saying "Yes... awesome". Also, everything you dug up also could be bought in Bowerstone. I wanted to find items, clothing in particular that could not be bought, only found. To me it seemed like it would of put your pup in a better use finding dig spots and such, if there were better stuff to find.

Dualist

Reaction score

Treasures in silver key chests are pretty good.

rpdowning

rpdowning
Reaction score

Dualist;380907 said:

I remember that! That was one of the reasons i thought i might find other articles of clothing in other demon doors or digspots. It's not just about clothing either, After spending time opening demon doors I think treasure, besides money, would have been more of a reason to dig everywhere or become corrupt to open a door. Money is great, but also there were so many different ways to come about it. Having treasure hunting as the only way to recive certain items will bring more value to the treasure hunting element of the game! Thanks for the imput!

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

well, lionhead have probably learned their lesson now, im guessing they will continue with unique type stuff like from the dlc's such as the armours and dye's, which were cool.

i would like to see little trinkets and statues and stuff to find, which have more meaning to them, or better to show off items in the guild and/or castle

also, perhaps items such as weapon parts for weapon making mentioned for 3 could be cool, as it could add to customization and power.

SORAYISS

Reaction score

damn this whole time everybody already came up with almost all of my ideas. but ye making your own weapons like forging your own swords and building your own bows and guns would be sik. for ex id make a 10 ft long bow an arrow with flame arrows or sumthing like that

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

i highly doubt therell be bows and arrows. they replaced that with crossbows in fable 2, so i think there gonna be replacing the crossbows in F3 with something more advanced (doubt it cuz its only 50 years later than F2), but they will for sure not be bringing back bows and arrows. i like the idea though

SORAYISS

Reaction score

o ****!! i jus thought about it, my weapon of choice would be a spear fuk im wishin they put spears in fable 3 and fully customizable too

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

maybe they will. thyre bringing scythes back so we never know

Karmasb!ch

Antidisestablishmentarian
Reaction score

i just thot of something else to, it would be cool to be able to customize ur castle further by adding trophies and flags and stuff somewhere other than just the wall...

and i like the idea of better loot cuz like what has been said a thousand times is that f2's loot sucked balls i mean what am is suppose to do with a freaking rusty necklace, who in the hell would give someone a rusty necklace as a gift!...sry my stand up is horrible but my point is i agree

nurgle07

The Game
Reaction score

Dualist;380907 said:

Yeah that male prostetute outfit:lol:

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

nurgle07;384863 said:
Yeah that male prostetute outfit:lol:

so classy, I'm glad I spent a hour getting silly hair cuts and outfits for that:cool:

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope they don't bring back the dog finding a random condom into Fable3

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

GunSlingerTeen16;384966 said:
I hope they don't bring back the dog finding a random condom into Fable3

but obviously you need that many random condoms!:p