• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Beware: Buying and renting out houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Doing this will make the relations of the inhabitants of the location of your houses drop constantly. As house condition percentage drops, so does their love for you. I hadn't visited Brightwall for a long time and to my surprise everyone was "Hate". I'm not talking about letting it drop to 0%, but just 50% or so was enough to make 'em all hate me. Doing some research I was able to pin down the condition as the main cause; tried first lowering all my rent to the Lowest setting but no dice. I then sold all the Houses and put the prices of my Shops to Low and it started to increase again.

This, in combination with the fact that repairing houses is tedious as all hell, really sucks. I'm just sticking to owning Shops from now on since that's where the real money is at, at no upkeep and maintenance whatsoever.

Reaction score
Doing this will make the relations of the inhabitants of the location of your houses drop constantly. As house condition percentage drops, so does their love for you. I hadn't visited Brightwall for a long time and to my surprise everyone was "Hate". I'm not talking about letting it drop to 0%, but just 50% or so was enough to make 'em all hate me. Doing some research I was able to pin down the condition as the main cause; tried first lowering all my rent to the Lowest setting but no dice. I then sold all the Houses and put the prices of my Shops to Low and it started to increase again.

This, in combination with the fact that repairing houses is tedious as all hell, really sucks. I'm just sticking to owning Shops from now on since that's where the real money is at, at no upkeep and maintenance whatsoever.
I thought everybody knew this, so what are u getting at?
I do hate how fast they drop though.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
What would happen if you still did this, but made all the good choices? Do you think that they may love you by the time you become king or queen? Getting the entrepeunur(?) pack lets you buy shops, but that not until you make some progress in the game.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I actually discovered it on my Good playthrough. I was just done with the main story and traveling around Albion. The areas where I did not own any Houses, everyone was at either the Love or Friend stage. In the areas where I owned Houses, they Hated me.

And Blaze, what I'm getting at is that owning Houses in an area = relationship drop with the inhabitants. No matter how frequently you repair them.

Reaction score
I actually discovered it on my Good playthrough. I was just done with the main story and traveling around Albion. The areas where I did not own any Houses, everyone was at either the Love or Friend stage. In the areas where I owned Houses, they Hated me.

And Blaze, what I'm getting at is that owning Houses in an area = relationship drop with the inhabitants. No matter how frequently you repair them.
It all depends on if you keep them repaired, and what there rent is.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
No it doesn't. The drop in condition itself is enough to drop the relationship. That's why I made this thread to warn people not to invest heavily in Houses and rather go with the better option of buying Shops since they only affect the inhabitants negatively if you do it on purpose via high prices.

Reaction score
No it doesn't. The drop in condition itself is enough to drop the relationship. That's why I made this thread to warn people not to invest heavily in Houses and rather go with the better option of buying Shops since they only affect the inhabitants negatively if you do it on purpose via high prices.
rent to and shop prices, higher they are, more thery hate u

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
when your on the map and veiwng towns the house you own have a little key flag when the house is 50%+ its a blue flag with a yellow key, but 49% and lower its green with a brownish key, every time i see that no i repair the house (even if its just 49%) and every body likes me still

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
rent to and shop prices, higher they are, more thery hate u

Does it echo in here? I just said exactly that. But that's within your own control; you can chose whether or not to bleed the inhabitants dry. The negative side effect House condition drop you can't affect.

Reaction score
Does it echo in here? I just said exactly that. But that's within your own control; you can chose whether or not to bleed the inhabitants dry. The negative side effect House condition drop you can't affect.
I was only correcting what u said, u said thats not it. something i said above.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
..what? You're not making sense.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Huh, I wondered why everyone hated me all of a sudden haha. Thanks for that.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
You know you want to do it Tsuyu, push the ban button, let my darkness corrupt your flesh. Let my children feast on the racketed heart of the little toy. You always had us in you. Let our ban fly through his heart...

Reaction score
I said something above and then u said i was inccorect, then i said the same thing again and u agreed with me, thats all i was saying.
You know you want to do it Tsuyu, push the ban button, let my darkness corrupt your flesh. Let my children feast on the racketed heart of the little toy. You always had us in you. Let our ban fly through his heart...
Why should i be banned? thats not fair or cool

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Tsuyu! Think about Tsuyu's Community Spirit award!

Rachierae

Reaction score
I thought everybody knew this, so what are u getting at?

I actually did not know this. So thank you for making this person who made this thread feel like an idiot for sharing information that some people did not know.

Aruu

Reaction score
Thanks for telling us! I didn't know that, but then again, I've never experienced it either. I guess I'm just lucky, or my game glitched.

Reaction score
I actually did not know this. So thank you for making this person who made this thread feel like an idiot for sharing information that some people did not know.
he/she doesnt feel like an idiot, there was more to that paragraph than what he was saying is all

bradio12

Reaction score
thank you for the info i will remember that whenever i buy rent out a house

Lachlan1

Reaction score
what i want to know is if you dont own them do they still decay over time or stay as they are because some houses only start to decay after buyin them

Status
Not open for further replies.