• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
header.jpg

Biomutant is a single player, open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.

A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided. Explore a world in turmoil and define its fate – will you be its saviour or lead it to an even darker destiny?

Key Features:
  • A NEW TAKE ON 3rd PERSON COMBAT
    The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations. Learning new Wung-Fu combat forms through progression and learning from masters you’ll meet, will constantly add to your choices and make sure combat never gets old.

• EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY
    You’ll be able to re-code your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to mutations like the Turtleform and Mucus Bubble, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations like telekinesis, levitation and more.

• NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING
    You are totally free when crafting weapons. Mix and match parts to create your own unique 1H or 2H slash and crush weapons. Revolvers, rifles and shotguns and add modifications like cork-screws and battery-powered chainsaw modules to bio-contaminated sludge vials adding to your combat arsenal. There are even characters you’ll meet that’ll craft cool stuff for you, like bionic wings, a jump-pack and even let you modify your Automaton - the scrap-toy sidekick!

• GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE
    You are totally free when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but what type of gear you wear. Equip a gas-mask and an oxygen tank for exploring the Dead Zones, thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas or protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, the choice is up to you.

• SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD
    You are free to explore the world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon or area unique mounts. Explore the dying wildland, the tunnels and bunker networks of the underworld, and find your way up the mountains or out in the archipelago. There are lots of discoveries to be made, mysteries to unravel, creatures to confront and weird characters to meet in this vibrant and colorful world.

• AN UNUSUAL STORY WITH AN UNUSUAL END
    Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down... You are guided through the world by a Storyteller that narrates every step of your journey, but it’s your actions and choices that’ll decide how your story of survival ends.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's just popped up in my Discovery feed...I like the art style and it looks like it could be interesting. I'm going to keep an eye on this one

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Not heard of this one before! Will have a look at the trailer this evening. A post-apocalyptic kung-fu RPG sounds quite different!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I’ve been following this one for a few years now. I’m glad we finally see the end in sight in terms of release. :giggle:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had been watching it for some time and it disappeared for a long time and there were no announcements and many feared it had been cancelled and then it popped up again in some articles.

In the last few months they have released a lot of new footage and screens and some developer interviews and it sounds really intriguing and hope it reaches its potential as could be a real sleeper hit. Only a couple of weeks until it’s out so I look forward to seeing some impressions and opinions on it.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
We clearly need to lay off the whisky.

Solus

Reaction score
I thought they gave up on making this game, good to know it's still coming out. Hopefully it's not another Cyberpunk situation.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I thought they gave up on making this game, good to know it's still coming out. Hopefully it's not another Cyberpunk situation.

Lots of people compare game launches to Cyberpunk now, difference is that CD Projekt Red pushed their own game expectations through the roof with the sheer quality of The Witcher 3. Then fans pushes those expectations even higher as they just expected their next game to be perfection after that.

Difference here is that this game is actually from a newly created indie studio (founded by Stefan Ljungqvist in 2015). He was most known for being the former studio art director and game director at Avalanche Studios and one of the key members on the team behind Mad Max and the Just Cause series. This will be the first game the studio have developed as a team and since the THQ acquisition in 2017.

Solus

Reaction score
It wasn't just The Witcher that caused expectations to be so high, they made a lot of claims that turned out to not be true. A lot of it comes down to AI, customization and some gameplay features, but those were things a lot of people were looking forward to.

I mostly mean I hope they are able to deliver the features they have talked about being in the game, because it seems like development hasn't gone smoothly considering the delays and periods of radio silence.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Biomutant will release next week! We know everyone is excited but some people still might wonder how certain parts of Biomutant work, how crafting is done and what the Aura system all about.

Reminding me a little of Jade Empire, Fable, Knights of the Old Republic with a little Devil May Cry thrown in with some of the systems at play.

Solus

Reaction score
I found a article with the devs talking about the length of the game - they say rushing through it can be completed in 12-15 hours, while another team member playing normally is at 65 hours and not finished yet.

It's looking like there will be a good amount of content considering the amount of hours that can be put in.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The Biomutant review embargo will lift today (May 24th) at 4pm BST, which means we'll be getting the first impressions of the action RPG very soon and it will officially release worldwide tomorrow.

From a team of 20 people and a lower budget than most I’m expecting around 7/10 average scores on release before updates & stability patches. Open world games is such a hard genre to break into with your first games as it’s the genre only huge studios tend to tip their toes into.

So depending on the scores (if people rely on those before making a purchase) there should still be time to get in a preorder to receive the early unlock of the Mercenary class bonus. Its currently Number 1 seller on Steam at the time of writing this post.

PURCHASE ON STEAM

Meanwhile in another refreshing bout of transparency from the company

THQ Nordic says it’s deactivated native 4K support for Biomutant on PlayStation 5 “due to technical reasons”.

Instead, the game will run at 1080p upscaled to 4K when played on PlayStation 5. In comparison the Xbox One version of the game will run at 4K / 60fps “with dynamic resolution” on Series X, and Series S will run at 1440p / 30fps.

A PS5 gameplay video published this week states that the option for native 4K on PlayStation 5 “has been deactivated due to stability- and performance-related reasons.”

"Due to technical reasons, we deactivated native 4k on PS5 for the release version of the game. Neither are native current gen versions, but the PS4/XB1 version already performs better on current gen due to the more powerful hardware. Native version for current gen are coming, but we can’t share any more details yet.”

This is the latest example of a last-gen multiplatform game receiving better next-gen optimisation on Xbox Series X than on PS5, possibly due to restrictions around how Sony’s console handles backwards compatibility updates.

Enabling next-gen performance features such as 120fps reportedly requires a full native port on PS5, while Microsoft allows such features to be added via a backwards compatibility patch.​

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I’ve definitely been waiting on reviews to decide whether or not to get it. So let’s see what happens...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I’ve definitely been waiting on reviews to decide whether or not to get it. So let’s see what happens...

Based on the early reviews so far it’s averaging a 7/10 as I expected (68% across platforms on Metacritic). Lots are praising the world and style but saying that it requires polish and refinement. Technical issues are hampering the early scores at the moment but I would imagine it will be getting a day 1 patch and then continued support to iron out most issues.

From reviews I have seen I would definitely wait for the ongoing updates and a sale. Personally I think the price is far too steep, it seems to have a AAA price tag but with a small development team of 20 people under a new studio so don't think it warrants that high of a price.

Its getting to a point where I dont even want to mention games before release because every one I have been excited for the last few years seem to have fell flat on their face at release. :cautious:

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I ended up deciding to wait a bit on this. For some further polishing and perhaps a drop in price. The games looks good just not full-price good. :whistle: