• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Black Flag free on xbox live

bluetain

Reaction score
Has anyone played this game? It's currently free on xbox live, I got a little disappointed with assassins creed 3 and so gave Black Flag a miss when it was released. I started playing it because xbox live have made it free to play and have been blown away by this amazing game. It is my favourite AC title to date, and is now one of my top game's of all time. The details in this game are quite amazing, and it just works on every level, the battles at sea are really engaging, and the realisation of the West indies in colonial times just brilliant. Even time spent out of the animus is fun, really a great game on so many different levels, if you haven't played it and have a xbox 360 or one, download it for free now, you won't regret it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah.

Free with GOLD. :'(

*runs off crying hysterically*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's probably been my favourite since Assassins Creed II, really enjoyed Black Flag and I disliked ACIII a lot (didn't bother to finish it) & it's far better than Unity too.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Nope, never played it before. I've got AC1, 2, and Brotherhood and so far Brotherhood has easily been my favorite. Those ship battles in Black Flag look terribly fun and epic though. If I don't ever get around to a PC copy of the game then I'll just wait till we get a PS4 down the line and grab a physical copy on the cheap.

I only have an Xbox 360 for it outside of the PC and from what I've seen the 360 version doesn't seem worth it in comparison to PC & Current gen, so I'll have to pass on this deal. Don't even have gold either. :( Sigh.
It's probably been my favourite since Assassins Creed II, really enjoyed Black Flag and I disliked ACIII a lot (didn't bother to finish it) & it's far better than Unity too.
I really liked the look of AC3 artistically, but I've been under the impression that ACIII was pretty darn good from folks, for the most part anyway.

What did you feel was wrong with it? Well, aside from super villain George Washington... >_> ...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I really liked the look of AC3 artistically, but I've been under the impression that ACIII was pretty darn good from folks, for the most part anyway.

What did you feel was wrong with it? Well, aside from super villain George Washington... >_> ...

Thought the main character was unlikeable, main story was dull, before Unity it was the most glitch filled AC game to date, setting wasn't great and just didn't have that sense of scale the others did, lots of the new mechanics felt half baked (hunting, upgrading homestead). Just felt rushed and incomplete and it was first AC title I got bored by and couldn't even be bothered with the dull, monotonous side quests either.

bluetain

Reaction score
Nope, never played it before. I've got AC1, 2, and Brotherhood and so far Brotherhood has easily been my favorite. Those ship battles in Black Flag look terribly fun and epic though. If I don't ever get around to a PC copy of the game then I'll just wait till we get a PS4 down the line and grab a physical copy on the cheap.

I only have an Xbox 360 for it outside of the PC and from what I've seen the 360 version doesn't seem worth it in comparison to PC & Current gen, so I'll have to pass on this deal. Don't even have gold either. :( Sigh.

AC3 is a beautiful looking game but it fell down on gameplay , a mixed storyline , and it just didn't flow like preview AC titles . Often missions became dull and repetitive and you felt ubisoft was holding your hand through out the game . Like Dark Draken I didn't finish the game . I loved AC 2 , Brotherhood and Revelations , but after AC 3 , gave up on the series . Lucky for me I discovered Black Flag ( thanks Xbox live :) ) and now I am looking forward to trying Unity . Black Flag is such a great game , the story is really good and you actually find yourself caring about the characters . Combat at sea or on land is really quite excellent , the game is just packed with interesting things to do , If you ever had a interest in pirate adventures or sailing to exotic land's like Marlon Brando in mutiny on the bounty , then this game is it . I'm playing it on the Xbox 360 and the graphics feel OK , granted they would not compare to a PC , but it still work's pretty good :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lucky for me I discovered Black Flag ( thanks Xbox live :) ) and now I am looking forward to trying Unity . Black Flag is such a great game , the story is really good and you actually find yourself caring about the characters . Combat at sea or on land is really quite excellent , the game is just packed with interesting things to do , If you ever had a interest in pirate adventures or sailing to exotic land's like Marlon Brando in mutiny on the bounty , then this game is it . I'm playing it on the Xbox 360 and the graphics feel OK , granted they would not compare to a PC , but it still work's pretty good :)

Lots of the good features in black flag aren't in Unity (sea combat) and Unity feels more like ACIII to be honest. I'm finding side quests rather dull and story is disjointed & game was riddled with bugs until some huge patches rectified a lot of them. If you want a game like Black Flag go for AC: Rogue on 360.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I loved AC 4, though ACRevelations is still my favourite to date. I would have loved more of Edward. Unity is god-damn appalling though I love the open worldness of the assassinations, it seems to be the only decent thing about Unity aside from the graphics, and customization. ACU really is a big massive shiny, sparkly, pretty elephant turd when it comes down to it, I mean at first looks like chocolate cake but then you find out it is just a turd.

I enjoyed AC 3 played it three times now, but I'll likely never play it again, Connor is such a bore. I would kill for more Altair, Edward, and... EZIO <3

Have yet to try Rogue.

If there's a game I want to replay it has to be ACII, Bro, & Rev. I have the Heritage pack on PS3 and really haven't gotten round to replaying the Ezio Trilogy.

Last edited:

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I wanted to play that game after 3 I vowed never to support that franchise again lol.

bluetain

Reaction score
Lots of the good features in black flag aren't in Unity (sea combat) and Unity feels more like ACIII to be honest. I'm finding side quests rather dull and story is disjointed & game was riddled with bugs until some huge patches rectified a lot of them. If you want a game like Black Flag go for AC: Rogue on 360.
Thanks for the feedback, I will check out rogue, this week xbox live is giving away mafia 2 for free!!! :) I missed this game first time around so will be giving it a try soon, I played the original mafia on pc and loved it, great story, nice driving mechanic's, and a good time all round. I recently unearthed a copy of mace Griffin bounty hunter a old xbox original game. I still have a working xbox so have been giving it a try. It's a little bit special, a fps voiced by Henry rollins no less, that incorporates space travel and dog fights in your space craft. It must have rivalled halo back in the day, have any of you guys played it or heard of it? It was made by warthog, and still plays really well today.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I will check out rogue, this week xbox live is giving away mafia 2 for free!!! :) I missed this game first time around so will be giving it a try soon, I played the original mafia on pc and loved it, great story, nice driving mechanic's, and a good time all round. I recently unearthed a copy of mace Griffin bounty hunter a old xbox original game. I still have a working xbox so have been giving it a try. It's a little bit special, a fps voiced by Henry rollins no less, that incorporates space travel and dog fights in your space craft. It must have rivalled halo back in the day, have any of you guys played it or heard of it? It was made by warthog, and still plays really well today.

I liked Mafia II, story was decent and enjoyed it.

Not heard of Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter though no.