• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Black Veil Brides?

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
Alright, so i'm pretty much OBSESSED with this band at the minute, does anyone else like them? I think my favourite of their songs so far is "Carolyn", but "Sweet Blasphemy" is also way up there :).

It also doesn't help matters that their lead singer is incredibly attractive. I mean come on, even if you're a straight guy, you could not say no to him :L.

625-7b92d628a9f693ee19e1dfaea891c5a2.jpg

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
So what exactly makes this band better than the others? Flowing melodies, deep lyrics, complex harmonies?

I dunno..

I'm bisexual and he's not really doin' it for me.

I mean, if I want a man, I take a man; if I want a woman, I take a woman. Not sure who he tries to be, though.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Instrumentals are okay, other than that it isn't my cup o' tea. Still not sure what makes them special though (no offense), they sound like a cross between Gackt and Bullet For My Valentine.
I mean, if I want a man, I take a man; if I want a woman, I take a woman. Not sure who he tries to be, though.
Androgynous if you ask me, but I'm still not getting the jaw-dropping boner engaged feeling from him.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
...Dude looks like a lady.

Now thats a good song! Haha

Im going to be a stereotypical prick and judge the music by its cover (the dude/lady thing)

He/band looks like every other garage band that will never make it far and sounds the same as the rest. :)
Haha

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I dont mind them, musically they remind me of Avenged Sevenfold a little with the guitar riffs. I think they try a little to hard to be different with the look and seem to be trying to be like a cross between kiss and Motley Crue. They are pretty big here and have been at lots of festivals, seen them twice myself as support for other bands and they put on a decent show wouldnt say I was a fan though.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
There's too many of these kinds of bands around, in my opinion. I remember when Kerrang used to be an actually cool music channel, now you can't watch it without seeing copy-cat band after copy-cat band. Not my thing, but music is the most subjective thing in the world and I can't judge someone's music taste just because their favourite band's lead singer looks like this chick:

sharleen-spiteri-02.jpg

Uncanny, right??

Damn, I miss the '90s. :(

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
My best friends love 'em and he listens to them all the time.

They're definitely not my cup of tea though.

Azer249

Reaction score
Not into them at all, i just think they are a generic modern 'metal' band.

I will stick to my Crue, Maiden and Priest, thanks.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
They're boring, bland and formulaic. They sing about what everyone has sang about a million times before, sing in ways people have sang a million times before, use song structures people have used a million times before and have the exact same views and ethics that millions have before. No wonder people love 'em, people love vague familiarity.

Also I don't really know how you expect us to find anyone attractive from such an unrevealing picture.

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
He/band looks like every other garage band that will never make it far and sounds the same as the rest. :)
Haha

Funny that, because they have two albums, an EP, several music videos, are almost constantly in Kerrang! magazine, have just finished touring Europe and are currently recording their third album. Seems like they're far enough to me.

I dont mind them, musically they remind me of Avenged Sevenfold a little with the guitar riffs. I think they try a little to hard to be different with the look and seem to be trying to be like a cross between kiss and Motley Crue. They are pretty big here and have been at lots of festivals, seen them twice myself as support for other bands and they put on a decent show wouldnt say I was a fan though.

And thank you, it's refreshing to see someone with two sides to their argument. They have said on multiple occasions that their look is heavily inspired by the likes of Motley Crue and Kiss, but they also say that their made up, onstage personas are merely characters. The lead singer used used to call himself Andy Six (or, more commonly, Andy Sixx), and constantly referred to him as a character. I personally don't think they're trying too hard, and I say if it makes them happy, let them do it.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
It also doesn't help matters that their lead singer is incredibly attractive. I mean come on, even if you're a straight guy, you could not say no to him :L.

You want a sexy lead singer? Bro, check THIS out.

Look at those manly arms. Muscled and hairy, like a real man. And that tie? Bad***. It says "I'm mature, but I know how to have fun." And those piercing, fierce eyes. Not to mention his diet, he eats alot of fruit so you know he stays active.
What a beast.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Funny that, because they have two albums, an EP, several music videos, are almost constantly in Kerrang! magazine, have just finished touring Europe and are currently recording their third album. Seems like they're far enough to me.

And thank you, it's refreshing to see someone with two sides to their argument. They have said on multiple occasions that their look is heavily inspired by the likes of Motley Crue and Kiss, but they also say that their made up, onstage personas are merely characters. The lead singer used used to call himself Andy Six (or, more commonly, Andy Sixx), and constantly referred to him as a character. I personally don't think they're trying too hard, and I say if it makes them happy, let them do it.

Remember what I said..

"Im going to be a stereotypical prick and judge the music by its cover "

But good for them

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The lead singer used used to call himself Andy Six (or, more commonly, Andy Sixx), and constantly referred to him as a character. I personally don't think they're trying too hard, and I say if it makes them happy, let them do it.

Like Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue? Everyone has influences of course but seems a little desperate to copy and paste an idea like that, at least they have some good musicial influences. I like the fact that they are in a way bringing the 80's sort of Glam Metal style to the modern era as obviously Kiss and Motley Crue are legendary for it. Can see a lot of younger people who are fans of BvB's checking out both bands if they didnt know about them before maybe being too young to have heard much of their early stuff.

I do have their 2nd album too which a friend gave me & there are some catchy tracks on it.

Azer249

Reaction score
Like Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue? Everyone has influences of course but seems a little desperate to copy and paste an idea like that, at least they have some good musicial influences. I like the fact that they are in a way bringing the 80's sort of Glam Metal style to the modern era as obviously Kiss and Motley Crue are legendary for it. Can see a lot of younger people who are fans of BvB's checking out both bands if they didnt know about them before maybe being too young to have heard much of their early stuff.

I do have their 2nd album too which a friend gave me & there are some catchy tracks on it.

Next step they will be copying Crues' 360 drum kit live on stage. God that was so badass. Tommy Lee is one hell of a drummer. He does play to dubstep music (even in the show he does, not just in the after-edited video) , but that's only because it's his solo performance;

On another note, i just really don't like BVB, i'm not saying they are a terrible band because there not. But they just do the same things that many bands have done before them, just with crappy lyrics.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

625-7b92d628a9f693ee19e1dfaea891c5a2.jpg

He is attractive because he looks like a woman, not because he looks like an attractive man. So I would say no to him but I would say hell yes to her.

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score

It's actually not because of Nikki Sixx, although people have misconstrued it and thought of it as him copying it. It's actually because as a child, he used to play sports and his number was always six, so his dad called him Andy Six and the nickname stuck. Although because it's a popular misconception that he copied his name from Nikki Sixx, he's often joked about it in interviews, but really it's not true. He is a huge fan of Nikki Sixx though.

Also, it's spelled differently, it's actually supposed to be Six, but people often misspell it as Sixx.