• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bummed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Archon

Bummed out!

I'm kind of bummed out with the way the new fable sounds. The whole muskets and everything makes the game sound much more... it's wierd, but modern. In the castle ages and stuff myths and legends and magic and everything else was big, but by the time weapons came around it sort of died away. I think the bringing weapons like those into the game are going to take away from the mystical-style gameplay, and won't be quite so good that way. I dunno, might just be me, but I fell like it's going to take away from the Fable feel. I'm going to miss the Old Kingdom and all that stuff, I think a prequal would be really cool, when the Oracle talked he talked about how everything was so much stronger back then (much like your grandparents"when i was your age, i had to walk 10 miles to school! in snow up to my chest! uphill both ways!"). Either way, I suppose it will be cool, but I have a feeling it's not going to feel Fable.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Bummed out!

We kind of touched on this briefly in another topic, and you cant judge something that one hasnt been confirmed and two hasnt been tested as it could turn out to be for the better you just never know.

Have a read through this thread:
http://forums.projectego.net/guns-you-get-guns-366/

F

FableFreak

There has been many a post about this and everyone has their opinion about it. Fable 2 will take place 500 years in the future of the original, so of course there will be advances. Personally I like the idea of guns because it gives an expansion to just the options of "might and magic" and as i have said before IF YOU DONT WANT A GUN YOU DONT HAVE TO USE ONE!!!! (people make it seem like you HAVE to have a gun when you obviously don't have to!)

And NEVER, NEVER, EVER judge a book by its cover.

K

Kneo

fablefreak1 said:
as i have said before IF YOU DONT WANT A GUN YOU DONT HAVE TO USE ONE!!!! (people make it seem like you HAVE to have a gun when you obviously don't have to!)

Yeah, you're right. It worked for the Indians....ohhh wait, nvm. :unsure:

T

The_Archon

That got some not-so-great response, I'm not judging, I just feel like that's what it's going to be like. I just feel like the whole Fable-feel of the might-and-magic is partially why it was so cool. Either way, not bashing anything, I suppose nothing is set in stone but the trailer makes it look like theres going to be muskets and stuff. It could end up being a real cool change, I just feel like it will take away from the Fable-ness of it all.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

The_Archon said:
That got some not-so-great response, I'm not judging, I just feel like that's what it's going to be like. I just feel like the whole Fable-feel of the might-and-magic is partially why it was so cool. Either way, not bashing anything, I suppose nothing is set in stone but the trailer makes it look like theres going to be muskets and stuff. It could end up being a real cool change, I just feel like it will take away from the Fable-ness of it all.

I think Fable will evolve into whatever Lionhead add into it, Fable is a francise not just one game i imagine there could be 3 more games of it. They cant all be more or less the same style of weapons etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.