• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Buying/selling method not working?

A

alp777alp

Buying/selling method not working?

ive been trying this method to make money but i always end up losing money. my guile is 6 so i know its not that. what is wrong?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Buying/selling method not working?

Not sure what could be wrong. are you making sure that when you sell things back it's for more money? Which shop are you using for buying and selling back?

H

Hexadecimal

are you making sure to buy all of something before you sell it back?
if you just buy one thing from him and he's got 12 more he will buy it for less money, not more =]

A

alp777alp

ive tried it with emeralds in oakvale and with diamonds in bowerstone north and when i did the diamonds, it said i was buying them around 220 each and selling them for 630 each or something. but it was still in red. and then when i did i ended up losing around 40,000. lucky i reverted a saved game a few minutes before, i have tried again and still no luck.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Strange. :unsure: Though I've never tried the Make Money Quick schemes for Fable, so I don't know how it works. I never seemed to need alot of money. ^_^

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Are you sure you are buying them all at once, and selling all at once? If you sell and buy them one by one it won't work.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Try getting Guile ALL the way up. Then go to Oakvale and sell it there. If that doesn't work, try the "Break in your own house" trick. If that doesn't work then go try the other methods.. If that doesn't work then steal items and sell them. If nothing works, your screwed.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I wouldn't say screwed, if you run around albion enough you can get quite a bit of money. Like I said, I've never done these money tricks and I was never short on cash.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;133466 said:
I wouldn't say screwed, if you run around Albion enough you can get quite a bit of money. Like I said, I've never done these money tricks and I was never short on cash.

Nobody is short of cash.. Fable is a easy game.(I corrected your spelling in Albion)

H

Hexadecimal

Triz;133469 said:
Nobody is short of cash.. Fable is a easy game.(I corrected your spelling in Albion)

well, people can get short of cash, if you buy a lot of items and property... it's just easy to make it all back again...
and she didn't misspell albion the first time o_O
... but your "a" should have been "an" ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

What spelling? It was lower case. :lol:

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;133477 said:
What spelling? It was lower case. :lol:

I mean Grammar... sorry..

H

Hexadecimal

Triz;133479 said:
I mean Grammar... sorry..

please don't go editing people's posts in quotes... the point of a quote is to post what they said... if you change it, it's not what they said and there's no point in quoting them... plus it's also pretty rude... I don't go around editing your posts every time you make an error now do I? :lol:
some people, like myself, simply don't capitalize often on the boards... it's really not a big deal...

back on topic... the only reason people need lots of money is to buy things... so my advice is to play the way I do and steal everything that's not nailed down and never pay for anything ever if you can get away with it :devil:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

that's the only reason I have money. To pay off those High fines :devil:

H

Hexadecimal

§ephiroxa§;133484 said:
that's the only reason I have money. To pay off those High fines :devil:

you pay the fines :O
oh my...

the first step is to never get caught up to dickens... and if you do get caught, high tail it out of there before they can nick your cash back... then just wait till they forget and the fine goes away and then return to rob another day... :angel:

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;133494 said:
oh my...

the first step is to never get caught up to dickens... and if you do get caught, high tail it out of there before they can nick your cash back... then just wait till they forget and the fine goes away and then return to rob another day... :angel:

Something tells me you have done this before you started playing Fable. :lol: Yeah... That's what I do.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;133494 said:
oh my...

Yep, I like paying it off and then ****ing them off some more. And then running away. :devil:

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;133501 said:
Yep, I like paying it off and then ****ing them off some more. And then running away. :devil:

You bad little girl.

A

alp777alp

yes i am doing all at once.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

You wont be able to make a profit on every item at every store. If your going to take a loss(red numbers) don't sell it. Only Sony does that :rolleyes: