• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Chocolate Box Help

Virtus

Reaction score
Whenever I try to open, I click yes on create setup environment, but then iget an error, something like "Impossible to create a file when that files already exists." Tried messing with registry path, CBocx folder location, reinstall game and nothing. The thing is that it worked before no probem (some random error here and there but it worked) and now just wont work. Please help

Edit: NVM i managed to fix it. You have to delete _FinalAlbion.wad or just rename it to the original name removing the _.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Glad you managed to fix it, how did you manage it incase anyone else has this same issue?

Virtus

Reaction score
You have to delete _FinalAlbion.wad or just rename it to the original name removing the _.

JohnDoe

Reaction score
Indeed.

The cause of one of the more frequent issues users will run into with ChocolateBox is that it was programmed with the assumption that the installation of Fable is fresh and not meddled with, and that ChocolateBox is being run for the first time, and no changes were made by any other tools. This is not a great assumption to make, as most users will end up in scenarios requiring messing with files or file layouts, using the FreeRoam app, editing things by hand, starting over, and this can be from conflicting information in the remains of guides laying around or from trial and error. The result is ChocolateBox doesn't want to run.

The solution of course is to reproduce the environment it's looking for. Get rid of the tngs and levs, have your FinalAlbion.wad back in the appropriate place with the appropriate name, have the userst.ini say to use the wad. If you have anything alien in the Fable install directory, like a duplicate set of files that are modded because you switch from one set to another, change it so those files are stored outside the install directory. Etc. It's all easier done than said, once you know the way of things.

I'll be floating around until about Sunday night if anyone's got questions.

SteveTheTitan92

Reaction score
the error i get is "cannot find a part of the path" i changed the path in the cb.ini to the tlc installation folder. i'm using the steam version