• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

COD 4 Map Pack Dated

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
COD 4 Map Pack Dated

CVG said:
Microsoft has nailed down the date for Activision's Call of Duty 4 Variety Map Pack, which will be released on Xbox Live on April 3.

The 800 Microsoft Point pack (which equates to about six English pounds) offers four new maps - Creek, Killhouse, Chinatown and Broadcast. The last looks like it'll be based on the awesome TV station from the single-player game, which has us excited at least.

There's also a 360 Game of the Year edition set to release around the same time, which ships in a lovely new box and a token to get the downloadable content for free. If you haven't got CoD4 already then (you Muppet), you might want to wait around for that.

There's still no word on when PS3 and PC owners will be offered the maps, though we suspect it'll be much later.

Also a CVG competition you can enter here for a chance to play the maps early.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score
Re: COD 4 Map Pack Dated

I hope I have my Xbox back by then! I knew I saved those Microsoft Points for a reason.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Finally a date for the new Call of Duty 4 Map Pack has been announced! At least, it won't be too long a wait before I can take 'em for a spin. I have a spare 1400 Microsoft Points left over and nothing else worth spending them on - except for, perhaps, the Halo 3 Legendary Map Pack.

I'll almost certainly be paying for the new Call of Duty 4 Map Pack, anywho. Chinatown looks especially tasty. :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;169659 said:
Finally a date for the new Call of Duty 4 Map Pack has been announced! At least, it won't be too long a wait before I can take 'em for a spin. I have a spare 1400 Microsoft Points left over and nothing else worth spending them on - except for, perhaps, the Halo 3 Legendary Map Pack.

I'll almost certainly be paying for the new Call of Duty 4 Map Pack, anywho. Chinatown looks especially tasty. :D

Only thing except the Mass Effect Bringing Down The Sky pack thats made me even think about getting some Microsoft points. I will get around to it soon, in time for the release of this map pack as i love COD 4.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Does anyone know how the servers will separate people who have the map pack and who don't? I'm worried that if they just put them in the order when everyone in the room had them that I would never get a chance to play them. I'm not sure how that works.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Amanda;169977 said:
Does anyone know how the servers will separate people who have the map pack and who don't? I'm worried that if they just put them in the order when everyone in the room had them that I would never get a chance to play them. I'm not sure how that works.

According to the official site those that purchase the map packs will be separated into different playlists.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Oh, I see. What about parties that have a mixture of the two? How will they sort them? I'm guessing they would just dump them into a non-map pack room.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Amanda;169985 said:
Oh, I see. What about parties that have a mixture of the two? How will they sort them? I'm guessing they would just dump them into a non-map pack room.

Yeah im guessing it would detect that not all players in the party have them and keep them in the default playlists or it might even only let the players with them into the game. I think the first option is more likely to be the case however.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Well, forgot those without it! I'm anxious to play them no matter who it is with. :p

Thanks for the info.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Amanda;169990 said:
Well, forgot those without it! I'm anxious to play them no matter who it is with. :p

Thanks for the info.

Not a problem, and i will be picking them up and still remembered i told you id play with you again.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I'd managed to keep 800 Microsoft Points safely to one side so that I can purchase the Call of Duty 4 Variety Map Pack the day it comes out. I'm really looking forward to 'em now. I watched a video walkthrough of the new COD4 maps on IGN and Creek, in particular, looks very sexy. I'll have pretty used up the majority of my Microsoft Points after this and, unless the Halo 3 Legendary Map Pack gets some good reviews, I doubt that I'll be investing in any more Points anytime soon. Took me almost a year to spend my original 4200! :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Little descriptions of the maps:

Broadcast -Based on the level "Charlie Don't Surf", you fight it out in the broadcast station. There are multiple floors and plenty of windows and routes to get the upper hand on your opponent. For those worried that this will simply be a cut and paste of the single player level, you need not worry. The developers have stated that the level has been completely reworked to be a (somewhat) unique multiplayer map.

Creek - Deemed to be "the largest Call of Duty map", this one must be a snipers heaven. Large cliffs, plenty of hiding spots, and lots of tall grass ensure those intense sniper battles will fill this map. But beware, running out in the open is sure to catch the attention of a hunter, just waiting for you to make a mistake.

Chinatown - This map is a re-make of Carentan (CoD 2). But don't worry, just by looking at the map, you'd never know. The map is set at night (although it appears to be bright enough to do without night vision). There are several roads, and plenty of houses to hide in. This is a classic urban combat setting.

Killhouse - Not much info on this map. What we are told is it is based on a training ground of some sort, kind of like what you see at the beginning of the game.

Carentan remake... :D i cant wait to see what they have done with that, as an avid COD 2 player it should bring back good memories.